Who should attend
- Leaders heading business functions, with more than 8-10 years of business experience
- High-potential leaders looking to enhance their enterprise-level thinking, skills, and abilities in preparation for future opportunities
- Mid- and senior-level general managers seeking an innovative process to effectively analyze and improve business unit results
- Executives responsible for P&L and charged with transforming their portion of the business
About the course
Accelerate your career growth. Disrupt your organization before the competition does.
It has never been more critical for executives to quickly and accurately assess their business environment - this is how successful leaders reveal and capture hidden opportunities, overcome threats, and become the disrupter in their industry.
In this program, you’ll learn to apply a proven framework to create an action plan with new, broadened perspectives to accelerate your business and career success. Return to work with the unique capability to also apply the assessment to competitors, customers, and suppliers so you can leverage your new knowledge to your advantage.
Whether designing the future of your existing business, initiating a response to sub-par business performance, or getting ready to accept new executive responsibilities, this program will challenge your assumptions to help you build a logical, complete and thoughtful process to successfully assess and capitalize on the opportunity ahead.
- Redefine the key roles and responsibilities of enterprise executives
- Re-describe the business principles underlying executive activities
- Illustrate the application of these business principles through case examples, the personal experiences of program participants and workshops that focus on current business challenges
- Develop and critique the business model currently used in each participant's organization
- Create and present the business case for changes to the existing business model
This dynamic five-day program will challenge and energize you with interactive learning experiences alongside Ross’ top-ranked faculty and other senior executives. Program topics are presented through a combination of action-based, direct application activities, including group discussions, team exercises, case studies, social events, and coaching sessions. All of this adds to the action plan being developed through the week and presented to faculty and fellow participants for frank feedback.
Sunday Evening: Dinner and introductions to faculty, participants, and key program concepts applied through the week
- Day 1: General management perspective: strategic thinking, applying the framework
- Day 2: Assessment of the business ecosystem - rethinking the customer and supplier perspectives
- Day 3: Assessment of the talent ecosystem: changing the lens on the war for talent
- Day 4: Assessment of the finance ecosystem: reframing metrics for value creation
- Day 5: Making the case: participants present their case for change based on applying the framework to their line of business
- Redefine the key roles and responsibilities of enterprise executives in your organization
- Examine the business principles underlying executive activities
- Illustrate the application of these business principles through case examples, the personal experiences of program participants, and workshops that focus on current business challenges
- Develop and critique the business approach currently used in your organization
- Create and present the business case for changes to the existing business approach
- Gain a deep understanding of the key roles and responsibilities of business executives: perception, direction, judgment, oversight, and performance discipline
- Develop a new lens to view competitiveness in product, talent, and financial markets through a new understanding of stakeholder objectives and the relationships among them
- Enhance critical thinking: the essential skill for every business executive
- Re-examine principles of value creation, the key basis for business decisions
- Develop personalized action plans
- Brad Killaly
- Gregory Reilly
- Ray Reilly
- John Branch
- Gregory Reilly
- Ray Reilly
Academic Director of Part-Time MBA Programs and Lecturer of Marketing, Stephen M. Ross School of Business Faculty Associate, Center for Russian, East European, & Eurasian Studies Professor Branch currently teaches a variety of marketing and international business courses at the undergraduat...
Research Brad Killaly is the Associate Dean for the Full Time and Global MBA Programs. He returned to his alma mater in 2014, when he joined the Strategy facutly here at Ross. Prior to Ross, he was a faculty member at Emory University. He has also been a visiting professor of strategy at Univ...
Ray Reilly's current research focuses on corporate performance measurement. Titles of recent papers include "Value Measurement: Using a Measure Network to Understand and Deliver Value," "Improving the Quality of Performance Information," and "Performance Measurement for Working Capital Management...
Greg Reilly is Associate Professor of Management at the University of Connecticut School of Business. Greg earned his Ph.D. at the University of Wisconsin, and his MBA and BA Mathematics from the University of Michigan. Greg teaches the integrative strategy classes at UConn and is Academic Direc...
Videos and materials
Because of COVID-19, many providers are cancelling or postponing in-person programs or providing online participation options.
We are happy to help you find a suitable online alternative.