Enhancing Leadership Skills
Coursalytics is an independent platform to find, compare, and book executive courses. Coursalytics is not endorsed by, sponsored by, or otherwise affiliated with Alberta School of Business.Full disclaimer.
This course will provide a stimulating opportunity for you to dialogue and exchange ideas with others, as well as complete various inventories/ assessments to gain clarity on such areas of leadership as: individual motivation, leadership values, communication, emotional intelligence, how to inspire others, leading change, coaching, rewards and recognition, generational diversity, the impact of organizational culture and handling conflict. This course is for those who formally lead a team, and those who want to expand their informal leadership skills as a team member.
- Throughout this module you will be encouraged to examine yourself in two views ~ one as yourself in a leader capacity and secondly, in your role in developing others whether formally or as a team member, more informally.
- Explore your personal beliefs, assumptions and values-based approach regarding leadership
- Examine the five best practices of leadership
- Learn the importance of inspiring a shared vision and aligning strategy with action
- Understand the importance of challenging the process to lead change in self and others
- Encourage others to be their best by building a motivating climate
- Analyze the culture that exists within your team or department and its resulting impact
- Develop awareness and insights in dealing with conflict
- This module is equally suited to new leaders or individuals who may be taking on leadership positions in the near future or those who are just curious about enhancing their knowledge about leadership, as well as existing leaders who want to refresh and reenergize their current leadership practices.