Engineering Leadership Professional Program
Coursalytics is an independent platform to find, compare, and book executive courses. Coursalytics is not endorsed by, sponsored by, or otherwise affiliated with Berkeley Engineering Executive & Professional Education.Full disclaimer.
UC Berkeley’s Engineering Leadership Professional Program (ELPP) is a 4 1/2-month program providing the professional development and specific skills to turn top-performing engineering managers and technical leaders into true enterprise leaders.
Through pedagogy, we have proposed a method to transform the existing engineering mindset into engineering leadership. A summary of the skill transformation is as follows:
- Better judgment on what technology development shall manifest into business opportunity.
- Refined communication skills to influence an organization and people.
- Increased leadership ability to develop high team performance.
- Operational and financial skills needed to execute decisions effectively.
Though a systemic project-oriented process, the overall result is professional development of the engineering leader as well as creation of a library of engineering leadership insights that can be shared with a global community.
- Influencing top-level strategy as a technical leader or senior manager.
- Understanding the implications of today’s changing technology opportunities ranging from Internet services, electronic currency, wearable computing, semiconductor advancements, Internet of Things, EVs, 3D Printing, and healthcare service topics.
The ELPP program enables technical experts and senior engineering managers to expertly manage and lead technical teams, develop judgment and skills in opportunity recognition, product management, and financial operations from the perspective of a CFO and enhance the value derived from R&D and technical operations. At the completion of this course, participants will be able to contribute more effectively and at higher levels within the firm, exchanging best practices and joining a powerful engineering leadership network with colleagues from firms including Google, Yahoo!, Samsung, VMware, Lam Research, SanDisk, NetApp, Qualcomm, Cisco and Applied Materials.
TAKING LEADERS TO THE NEXT LEVEL
UC Berkeley Engineering Executive & Professional Education prepares engineering and technical professionals for leadership roles by cultivating expertise and skills in technology and leadership
Who should attend
- Candidates are often recommended by the executive leadership within their firms.
- Firms may contact the program to establish an institutional relationship.
- Candidate may also apply directly, approximately 20% of seats are reserved for independent candidates.