Make sure this course is right for you.
Get unbiased reviews and personalized recommendations.
About the course
While conventional wisdom holds that leadership is different than engineering, this course takes the fresh perspective that engineering and leadership are remarkably similar. Indeed, the engineer’s skill set offers a powerful advantage in the practice of leadership.
This breakthrough course focuses on the identity of participants and demonstrates the close connections between their own engineering identity and the leadership identity. These connections are founded upon the solid personal identity and maturity that every leader needs to be effective. Engineers who practice the learnings from this course can bring about dramatic improvements in the effectiveness of their organizations.
The course enables participants to gain a deeper understanding of themselves and how the practice of leadership brings engineering to fruition. Using their existing skill set, engineers can practice leadership by promoting problem solving and innovation in their organizations. The course consists of three main elements: 1) exploration of perceptions about leadership, 2) connections between my engineering identity and leadership, and 3) the necessity of personal growth.
By the end of the course, participants will leave with the following new knowledge and skills.
- Understand and internalize the strong connections of engineering identity and leadership identity.
- Connect one’s personal identity with both that of engineering and leadership.
- Differentiate romanticized constructs of leadership from healthy leadership attitudes and behaviors.
- Appreciate how engineering skills apply to leadership.
- Identify and practice healthy leadership behaviors where appropriate in any role.
- Recognize key elements of good leadership practice in upcoming roles and positions.
Because of COVID-19, many providers are cancelling or postponing in-person programs or providing online participation options.
We are happy to help you find a suitable online alternative.