Engaging Your Stakeholders
Coursalytics is an independent platform to find, compare, and book executive courses. Coursalytics is not endorsed by, sponsored by, or otherwise affiliated with The University of Auckland Business School.Full disclaimer.
Create targeted strategies that engage key stakeholders for successful business outcomes.
Your stakeholders are everyone involved in your business both internally and externally who can influence the outcome of your project, reputation or business success including board members, clients, suppliers, partners, sponsors, and contractors. Stakeholder engagement is no longer optional, yet many managers and organisations still fail to engage those who can potentially create mutual benefits and add strategic value. Failure to engage effectively with your stakeholders can be risky and costly.
Genuine stakeholder engagement and relationship-building, as opposed to stakeholder management or consultation, is becoming the preferred means for achieving strategic outcomes. Well-intentioned executives, managers, analysts, project managers and politicians while seeking to engage their stakeholders, often disengage the very people who are vital to their future.
In this course, you will learn:
- How to identify and engage your stakeholders
- Six success factors that can make all the difference
How to develop a targeted stakeholder engagement plan
- Build confidence to work more effectively with your key stakeholders to achieve mutual benefits and outcomes
- Gain relationship skills to provide leadership within your organisation
- Learn skills that will help you focus on and leverage positive stakeholder relationships
Your organisation will:
- Achieve improved stakeholder relationships
- Focus resources for more successful outcomes
- Develop targeted stakeholder engagement plans using practical tools, templates and methodologies
Who should attend
- Operational managers and team leaders
- Project managers
- Business strategists and policy analysts
- Relationship and key account managers