Who should attend
The programme is designed for mid level to senior executives, managers and analysts who are involved in planning, leading or implementing marketing strategies and corporate branding. Typical participants include, but are not limited to:
- Project Leader
- Senior Marketing Executive
- Marketing Manager / Director
- Business Development Manager / Director
- SME Business Owners
About the course
Also known as Sun Zi’s Art of War, Sun Zi Bingfa is the most well-known Chinese military classic written more than 2000 years ago. It’s value and significance in influencing strategic thinking, business and marketing strategies in the modern corporate boardroom has never been disputed.
The increasing importance of China as an economic superpower has give rise to increased corporate attention towards the mindset of a Chinese Strategist. Many Chinese tertiary institutions and research institute have begun to consciously conduct research on many ancient Chinese classics. Conferences are also held in China and other places to discuss how these various ancient Chinese classics, especially Sun Zi Bingfa, can be related and applied to the world of business and marketing.
This programme will provide new and different insights on how the Chinese military philosophy of Sun Zi can be applied to business and marketing in various aspects, such as strategic leadership, teamwork, business and marketing intelligence, strategic control, human resource management and more.
At the end of the programme, participants will have a good appreciation of the value of Sun Zi Bingfa and are expected to have the following takeaway:
- Learn how to apply the value of Sun Zi Bingfa to the modern world of strategic thinking, management and marketing practices from the perspectives of a corporate general (CEO or senior management).
- Bridge and integrate philosophical thoughts and knowledge of the past with the present, the ancient with the modern, and the east with the west.
- Gain confidence in strategic thinking, strategic analysis and creative applications of Chinese philosophical thoughts into modern corporate and marketing strategies.
- Have a good appreciation of the legal and moral issues in applying military strategies to business and marketing.
- For those with limited knowledge of the Chinese language, to develop an interest and appreciation of its subtlety and nuances. In the process, participants will have a better understanding of the Chinese language and culture, and be more culturally sensitive and intelligent.
This course is eligible for credit in the MBA/EMBA program provided if participants meet the entry requirements and successfully complete the additional assessment.
The 2-Day Programme will cover the following topics:
- An Outside-In Approach to understand the Other Side
- What Do You Do When You Are Doing Well?
- Building Sustainable Leadership
- What It Takes to Lead: Insights from Sun Zi Bingfa
- Team Effectiveness: What Works and What Don't
- Building Sustainable Teamwork
- Key Success Drivers for Organisations
- Handling the Dynamic Competition: Mastering Relative Superiority
- Beyond Porter’s 5 Forces and Blue Ocean Strategy: An Integrative Perspective from Sun Zi Bingfa
Professor Wee was a former Merit, Colombo Plan and Commonwealth Scholar, and winner of the Academy of Marketing Science (USA)1984 PhD Paper Award and the 1985 Doctoral Dissertation Award. One of his co-authored cases also won the 1999 Best Case Award in the Administrative Sciences Association of ...
Videos and materials
Because of COVID-19, many providers are cancelling or postponing in-person programs or providing online participation options.
We are happy to help you find a suitable online alternative.