Employment Arbitrator Training (DR130)
Coursalytics is an independent platform to find, compare, and book executive courses. Coursalytics is not endorsed by, sponsored by, or otherwise affiliated with ILR School.Full disclaimer.
This two-day training provides a comprehensive understanding of employment arbitration essentials, from initial appointment to issuance of the award and beyond. You’ll learn about the law of employment ADR and about procedural issues that employment arbitrators typically face.
By the workshop’s completion, you will have honed your skills and sharpened your knowledge to effectively arbitrate both statutory and contractual employment claims.
- Initiation of the employment arbitration
- Legal background and foundation of employment arbitration
- Standards of judicial review of arbitration awards
- Disclosure and other ethics bases obligations
- Prehearing matters and conferences
- Evidentiary issues
- Conduct of the hearing
- Briefs and other end of hearing matters
- Deciding the case/writing the award
Approach and Features
The Employment Arbitration Training workshop is a lecture and case study based training. Utilizing the learnings from the lecture portion of the workshop, the instructor allows participants to practice skills on case study analysis.
Who should attend
The training is designed for mediators and arbitrators experienced in employment law and employment relations.