Because of COVID-19, many providers are cancelling or postponing in-person programs or providing online participation options.
We are happy to help you find a suitable online alternative.
Who should attend
- Vice-presidents, directors and divisional managers
- Experienced managers with at least five years’ experience
- Human resources trainers and organization development specialists
- Senior managers from sales, IT, operations, manufacturing and finance
About the course
This program teaches managers, directors and vice-presidents how to use leadership techniques that engage employees to contribute more, adapt quickly to everyday change and stress and maintain highly productive working relationships.
You will learn to evaluate various current working relationships with staff and your own bosses, and apply new productivity-building techniques immediately into your workplace.
What You Will Learn
- Master the principles of employee engagement to build highly productive, results-driven business teams
- Introduce local leadership practices that involve staff and achieve higher levels of commitment
- Understand the root causes of poor performance, job stress and employee mismanagement
- Evaluate your own organization’s health and resilience, plus new ways to lead
- Use engagement strategies to effectively manage projects and business teams
- Assess your own level of engagement and find new ways to engage others
- Use the processes of appreciative leadership to establish highly productive and motivated teams
- Practise appreciative leadership behaviours and learn to engage others when solving difficult problems
- Establish drivers to improve operating performance in small and large departments
- The key drivers of employee engagement
- The critical role of management in employee engagement
Appreciative Leadership Strategies to Actively Engage Employees and Achieve Outstanding Productivity
- Managing in the ‘real world’
- What it takes to achieve productivity, emotional wellness and resilience: appreciative leadership
Appreciative Leadership Behaviours for Building a Productive and Resilient Team
- Appreciative intelligence in re-framing problems as potential solutions
- Appreciative inquiry as a problem-solving technique and way of communicating
- Appreciative leadership provides teams with the energy to manage change.
Appreciative Communication and Motivation Techniques for High Performance Workplaces
- Motivation acceptances: how leadership talk affects day-to-day employee behaviour
- Communication strategies that engage staff and impact performance
Three Types of Leadership Talk, Three Different Impacts
- Directive talk: Create clarity
- Supportive talk: Build confidence
- Inquisitive talk: Learn, build ownership and accountability
Strategic Engagement Practices and Self-Management: Building Supportive Work Relationships
- Integrating appreciative dialogue into areas of everyday management most related to sustaining employee
- Increasing employee accountability and ownership
- Requesting changes in behaviours
- Managing performance
- Negotiating fair outcomes in conflict situations
Learning to Appreciate Your Situation and Yourself
For more than 25 years, I’ve helped organizations find their ways to build cultures of trust, inclusion and engagement. Working closely with leaders, we build the conditions for successful staff engagement and equip leaders and contributors with the thinking and behaviors that sustain vitality. ...
Videos and materials
Make sure this course is right for you.
Get unbiased reviews and personalized recommendations.