Who should attend
This course is recommended for people professionals who want to learn more about Employee Benefits as part of a strategic Reward strategy.
About the course
Gain the confidence, skills, knowledge, and insight required to make an influential contribution to the management of your organisation’s benefit plans, pensions and where relevant, share schemes.
During this highly practical course, you’ll learn how to:
- Develop tailored reward strategies that support your organisation’s needs
- Diagnose reward-related issues in your organisation and how to solve them
- Make your reward strategy more competitive and attractive for employees.
By the end of this course, you will be able to:
- Consider the purpose of benefits provision in the context of reward strategy
- Explore philosophical underpins to benefits, including interface between state benefits and occupational benefits
- Understand core risk benefit plan designs (life, medical and GIP/PHI)
- Build knowledge of risk benefit plan financing methods; insurance, pay-as-you-go, cost plus, stop-loss, risk pooling and captives
- Appreciate value added by voluntary and flexible benefit plans and tax planning opportunities of salary sacrifice
- Gain insight into different forms of retirement savings plan design and governance, with a focus on defined contribution (DC)
- Review key features and differing risk profile of asset classes which DC retirement savings plans invest in.
Because of COVID-19, many providers are cancelling or postponing in-person programs or providing online participation options.
We are happy to help you find a suitable online alternative.