About the course
Learn and practice EI concepts, frameworks and tools to develop your emotional leadership practices.
Designed to integrate everyday workplace situations, the aim of this blended program is to develop your emotional intelligent (EI) strategies over a period of time. As you learn both foundational and advanced EI concepts and frameworks, you will intentionally focus on practicing tools within your work environment. Practically applying your new knowledge will build positive habits and skills to increase your effectiveness in leading yourself and your team. During the online module, you will identify and analyze real challenges and begin to build your development plan. The online sessions will provide the foundation for the in-class discussions in the latter portion of the program. This learning experience is facilitated by Fred Jacques PhD, a sought-after coach and EI practitioner with years of experience in both profit and not-for-profit sectors.
Upon completion of the program you will be able to answer the following learning questions:
- What are the four components of EQ?
- What tools and exercises can I use to improve my EQ strategies and positively leverage my emotions?
- How do I use and manage the emotional sub-text of my workplace interactions?
- How do I identify emotions that influence my decisions and actions?
- How do I identify and avoid common decision-making pitfalls?
- How do I learn to adapt my emotions before and during conflict to achieve optimal outcomes?
- How do I analyze EQ challenges within my organization?
- How do I apply advanced EQ models and skills within my day-today interactions and influence organizational culture?
- What is my personal plan for EQ development and practices?
Dr. Fred Jacques is an adjunct professor who has over 25 years of leadership development experience in both the private and public sectors. In addition to leading executive programs at Haskayne, Fred has taught at the University of Alberta, Royal Roads University, the Banff Centre for Management...
Videos and materials
Because of COVID-19, many providers are cancelling or postponing in-person programs or providing online participation options.
We are happy to help you find a suitable online alternative.