About the course
Learn how to align what you think with how you feel in order to perform in ways that leave your people more productive and committed, rather than full of resistance and ill will. This course provides assessments and how-to skills to address the everyday risks of living with and managing other people, and to cope in constructive ways with the unexpected. Learn how to act purposefully, think rationally, and deal effectively with your environment within four dimensions: self-awareness, self-mastery, social awareness, and relational management.
- What emotional intelligence is and why it should be considered a critical skill to develop
- The four dimensions of emotional intelligence
- Emotional intelligence strengths assessment
- Tools and tactics for improving one’s emotional intelligence
- Develop a better understanding of your own strengths and weaknesses when interacting with others
- Grow your capacity for self-awareness to help you more successfully evaluate and regulate emotions
- Identify, understand, and manage triggers that test emotional intelligence in self and others
- Manage and lead with greater personal and professional effectiveness
Prior to Olin Business School, Hillary Anger Elfenbein was an Assistant Professor at the University of California at Berkeley, and a Senior Researcher at the Harvard Business School. Before beginning work on her PhD in Organizational Behavior, Hillary worked at Monitor Company management consulti...
Because of COVID-19, many providers are cancelling or postponing in-person programs or providing online participation options.
We are happy to help you find a suitable online alternative.