Who should attend
This program is designed senior executive and mid-level managers seeking a competitive edge through better understanding of human emotion.
About the course
Emotional Intelligence is the capacity for recognizing our own feelings and those of others, for motivating ourselves, and for managing emotions. Over the course of the 3-hour remote learning session, you will gain a deeper awareness of the influence of emotions on decision-making and relationship management. Additionally, using the TTI Emotional Intelligence assessment, you will identify your unique strengths along with opportunities for growth and development.
In this program you will:
- Learn the science behind stress along with effective ways of managing stressful situations
- Discover EQ best practices, allowing you to avoid mistakes when in a state of high emotionality
- Make use of a cutting-edge tool to measure current levels of emotional intelligence and identify growth opportunities
- Foster more connected and motivated teams
- Use effective communication to build strong levels of trust
- Better understand your own emotions and the factors that trigger stress
- Establish routines to proactively manage your emotions
- Increased employee engagement, commitment and productivity
- Improved decision-making, driven by facts and logic rather than in-the-moment emotion
- EQ leads to more optimistic, motivating work environments
- Streamlined conflict resolution
Through a combination of live online instruction, group discussion and personal assessment exercises, you will learn:
- The neuroscience underlying human emotion
- The science of stress, along with proven methods to manage stressful situations
- How high emotionality affects your management abilities, including its impact on decision-making and interpersonal relationships
- Your current levels of emotional intelligence, identifying strengths and opportunities for growth
- How to use EQ to foster connected, engaged and productive teams
Continued Access to Online Materials
Participants will have continued access to online materials for 30 days post-program.
As President and CEO of APA Solutions, a human capital consulting firm, Joan has made it her mission to bridge the communication gap between leadership and the people they employ by disrupting human capital norms. She has successfully applied the data and research from her three decades in the re...
Erikson Neilans received his doctorate degree in Behavioral Neuroscience from the University at Buffalo, SUNY. He specialized in sensory perception and the impact on decision making. Currently, he is researching and providing his expertise in neuroscience to organizational development of human ca...
Videos and materials
Because of COVID-19, many providers are cancelling or postponing in-person programs or providing online participation options.
We are happy to help you find a suitable online alternative.