Coursalytics is an independent platform to find, compare, and book executive courses. Coursalytics is not endorsed by, sponsored by, or otherwise affiliated with The University of Auckland Business School.Full disclaimer.
About the course
Emotional intelligence helps leaders become ‘people smart’ and to use practical tools to inspire better results, at all levels.
What drives proactive behaviour, motivates, commitment, inspiration, understanding, decision-making, healthy conflict resolution and overall performance in organisations today?
Leaders who are skilled in using emotional intelligence (EI) as a professional influence tool.
“The most effective leaders are all alike in one crucial way: They all have a high degree of what has come to be known as emotional intelligence,” Daniel Goleman, author of the New York Times bestseller Emotional Intelligence.
Organisations are now beginning to switch on to the advantages of having their leaders trained in EI. Leaders who employ EI skills help themselves and their people to:
- Grow stronger relationships at all levels with colleagues, management, clients and stakeholders
- Create ‘proactive’ high-performing teams
- Think and act adaptively no matter the situation
- Communicate with greater openness and purpose
- Achieve better results with greater ownership, accountability and responsibility
In this two-day interactive workshop, you will gain practical and effective skills and tools to understand, engage and influence others to achieve even more. The EI model is simplicity itself, and within each stage participants will gain a multitude of tools for everyday leadership:
- Self-Awareness – the foundation to self-leadership
- Self-Management – the strength, flexibility and confidence to lead, no matter when…no matter what
- Social Awareness – growing your abilities to connect and engage at all levels
- Relationship Management – professional influence skills in leading performance
- Increase your strength and flexibility as an influential leader
- Connect and engage with greater confidence and presence
- Lead with greater purpose and proactivity
- Gain key awareness and influence abilities
Your organisation will:
- Increase productivity
- Lower attrition rates
- Retain talented people
- Improve working culture
- Gain greater buy-in and proactive attitudes
Who should attend
- Leaders, professionals and entrepreneurs who want to understand, utilise and grow their abilities toward achieving better results for others and themselves
- Professionals who want to develop and grow self-awareness and leadership
- Business owners, CEOs, professionals, Senior Executives, Government, community and NGO leaders
Trust the experts
Dr. Peter Blyde regularly works with the Business School to develop and deliver executive development programmes for corporate clients. Peter has been at the forefront of executive leadership development including the Hillary Leadership Programme (New Zealand Leadership Institute 2005-2010) and G...