Who should attend
Applicants must have:
- At least one year of recent experience using a programming language such as Java, Python or C# . Those who need help meeting this requirement should consider enrolling in our Certificate in Python Programming.
- System management and configuration skills, including command-line proficiency. Those who need help meeting this requirement should consider enrolling in our Network & System Administration course.
- Completed the Big Data Technologies Self-Assessment to evaluate your knowledge of system administration and programming concepts
We also recommend that you have:
- Knowledge of SQL
- Experience with AWS, Azure or Google Compute Engine
About the course
In this course, you'll learn about approaches that have current practical relevance, and we’ll discuss several advanced topics in data engineering. You'll be introduced to complex big data problems commonly found in real-life applications — problems that require comprehensive and specialized knowledge, and where basic techniques would be suboptimal.
Topics may include
- How to design for end-user experiences and develop end-to-end solutions
- How to set up pipelines that support advanced analytics like machine learning
- Security and data governance in an enterprise
- Advanced real-time processing techniques
- How to ensure deliverability with DataOps techniques
- Scalable distributed systems
- How to use Internet of Things (IoT) technologies
Online with real-time meetings
Combine the convenience of online learning with the immediacy of real-time interaction. You’ll stream courses online and interact with your instructors and fellow students via chat, web conferencing or phone, all in real time.
Attend classes part time at one of our convenient locations in the Puget Sound region. You’ll engage face to face with your classmates and instructors as part of a highly interactive curriculum.
This course is part of a certificate program. You can take this course without enrolling in the certificate program, but it won't automatically count toward earning the certificate. To apply to the full certificate program instead, visit the Certificate in Big Data Technologies page.
Driven entrepreneurial, hands-on cloud architect and strategist with extensive subject matter expertise in enterprise cloud transformation programs and infrastructure modernization through designing, and deploying cloud-oriented solutions and architectures. Responsible for providing strategic adv...
Because of COVID-19, many providers are cancelling or postponing in-person programs or providing online participation options.
We are happy to help you find a suitable online alternative.