Emerging Technologies – Business Implications and Opportunities
Coursalytics is an independent platform to find, compare, and book executive courses. Coursalytics is not endorsed by, sponsored by, or otherwise affiliated with Schulich Executive Learning Centre.Full disclaimer.
Emerging technologies are transforming business models and daily operations at an unprecedented pace.
Many managers are struggling to understand how these technologies can improve organizational productivity and add value. In this disruptive environment it is necessary to not only grasp the technical elements, but also how to gain strategic advantage from them.
This program will demystify four game-changing technologies so that participants understand capabilities, enablers, and constraints, and can begin exploring potential opportunities for innovative competitive advantage. Through the principles of design thinking, students will envision applying the technology in their business environments and create a step-by-step roadmap for leading and implementing impactful digital transformation.
What You Will Learn
- How to better strategize and evaluate emerging technology projects in your business and industry
- Strategic insights into AI, Blockchain, Internet of Things and Virtual/Augmented Reality
- Design-thinking use cases in your business and industry.
- Hands-on use of emerging technology tools
Benefit from these unique program features:
- Work on design thinking use cases for your business and industry in small groups with individual coaching by the instructor
- A hands-on tutorial of emerging technologies in our computer lab
- A use-case pitch competition
- Introduction and fundamental concepts
- Key emerging technologies
- The changing workplace in the context of emerging technologies, especially AI
- Discussion of fundamental concepts such as machine learning, neural networks, deep learning, and cognitive computing, and AI and Big Data from a management perspective
- Case studies of real-life applications in finance, marketing, and operations
- Design-thinking: how AI applies to your organization
- Hands-on exercises at computer lab
- Discussion of fundamental concepts such as key blockchain platforms, difference between enterprise and public blockchains, and blockchain immutability and cryptography from a management perspective
- Case studies of real-life applications in different verticals such as financial services, mining and energy, manufacturing, and healthcare
- Design-thinking: how Blockchain applies to your organization
Internet of Things
- Discussion of fundamental concepts such as smart technologies in corporations and the home, physical-digital integrations, and autonomous manufacturing from a management perspective
- Design-thinking: how IoT applies to your organization
Virtual/Augmented Reality (VAR)
- Case studies of real-life applications across finance, marketing, and operations, and across various verticals
- Live demo of VAR
Putting Digital Transformation to action in your organization
Who should attend
- Executives and managers who are responsible for digital strategy within their business or who have CIO/CTO oversight
- VPs, Directors, or Project Managers of Finance, Operations, or Corporate Strategy
- Business managers seeking to understand the power and challenges of key emerging technologies, both within the organization and across the industry