Who should attend
- Team leaders and project managers who are early in their career and managing a team within a function, or cross-functional projects
- Frontline or middle managers with identified potential for more senior roles in the future.
About the course
Bring out the best in you and your team by developing strong negotiation, influencing and coaching skills.
Learn how to help your employees and stakeholders reach their full potential, as well as understand your own strengths and weaknesses. Our Emerging Managers Program focuses on practical performance development. You will learn and practice new skills and see how they can be applied to a real-world challenge from your own organisation.
The program has been designed to make the most of the rapidly changing digital learning environment, with technology fully integrated.
Equip yourself with useful tools
- Better understand yourself as a manager, including your strengths and opportunities
- Develop and implement business plans
Understand how to optimise team performance
- Understand and develop individual and team performance
- Manage conflict
- Negotiate and influence more effectively
- Work with your team to improve work processes
- Formulate and achieve specific goals.
- Gain perspective on your personal management style and how you can use it to increase your effectiveness
Developing team performance
- Learn how to get the most out of your team through developing, motivating and guiding for best results
Business planning and strategy
- Understand how to plan strategically within your business, department or organisational unit
- Develop influencing, negotiating and decision-making skills that will help you increase your effectiveness as a manager or a team leader
Julian has over 18 years’ experience in leadership and organisational development. He has led professional services practices for Development Dimensions International (DDI), Mind Group and Chandler Macleod and has held internal management roles with the Port of Melbourne Corporation and the Poli...
Danielle has worked across a broad range of industries, both internally and on a consulting basis, including: Public Sector, Construction, IT&T, Financial Services, Education, Retail, FMCG, and Engineering. Key areas of focus have included mediation and negotiation in complex systems inclu...
Kath has been consulting in the public, health, education and professional service sectors since 2008. She brings over 17 years’ experience as a solicitor, including both senior in-house roles, and partnership level experience in private practice. She is experienced in designing and deliverin...
Videos and materials
Because of COVID-19, many providers are cancelling or postponing in-person programs or providing online participation options.
We are happy to help you find a suitable online alternative.