Coursalytics is an independent platform to find, compare, and book executive courses. Coursalytics is not endorsed by, sponsored by, or otherwise affiliated with Melbourne Business School.Full disclaimer.
About the course
Bring out the best in your team and your management effectiveness through our Emerging Managers program.
We help you develop the negotiation, influencing and coaching skills needed to help your employees and stakeholders reach their full potential. You’ll also gain an in-depth understanding of your own strengths and weaknesses, along with the necessary strategies, tools and frameworks for business planning and performance improvement.
Every aspect of this program focuses on practical performance development. You will learn and practise negotiation, influencing and coaching skills that can be immediately applied in your workplace.
This innovative program has been designed to make the most of the rapidly changing digital-learning environment, with technology fully integrated. You will receive a complimentary iPad as part of the program.
- By the end of the program, you will be able to:
- Better understand yourself as a manager, including your strengths and opportunities
- Understand and develop both individual and team performance
- Develop and implement business plans
- Manage conflict
- Negotiate and influence more effectively
- Work with your team to improve work processes
- Formulate and achieve specific goals.
Your program journey is designed to ensure that you emerge with new skills and behaviours, aligned to your learning goals.
- Your iPad will be issued for pre-program research and reading materials
- Feedback from the workplace: 360-degree assessment questionnaires, completed by you, your manager, direct reports and peers
- Self-assessment questionnaires
- Access to workshop materials and networking through our online-learning platform.
Program (Optional residential) Onsite program delivery will commence at 8:30am on day 1 of the program and conclude at approximately 3:00pm on the final day.
The following key themes are explored:
- Self-awareness: you as a manager
- Developing team performance
- Business planning and strategy
- Managerial effectiveness.
- A one-on-one, online-coaching session with the Program Director
- Continued learning through access to workshop materials and facilitators via our online-learning platform
Who should attend
- Team leaders and project managers who are early in their career and managing a team within a function, or cross-functional projects
- Frontline or middle managers with identified potential for more senior roles in the future.
Trust the experts
Julian has over 18 years’ experience in leadership and organisational development. He has led professional services practices for Development Dimensions International (DDI), Mind Group and Chandler Macleod and has held internal management roles with the Port of Melbourne Corporation and the Poli...
Danielle has worked across a broad range of industries, both internally and on a consulting basis, including: Public Sector, Construction, IT&T, Financial Services, Education, Retail, FMCG, and Engineering. Key areas of focus have included mediation and negotiation in complex systems inclu...
Kath has been consulting in the public, health, education and professional service sectors since 2008. She brings over 17 years’ experience as a solicitor, including both senior in-house roles, and partnership level experience in private practice. She is experienced in designing and deliverin...
Leigh Dunstan (EMP 2016) - Welcome to the World Class