Emerging Leaders in a Digital age Online
Coursalytics is an independent platform to find, compare, and book executive courses. Coursalytics is not endorsed by, sponsored by, or otherwise affiliated with INSEAD Business School.Full disclaimer.
LEARN TO LEAD IN A FAST-CHANGING DIGITAL WORLD
Faced with new responsibilities, emerging leaders need to learn new skills and gain more self-awareness in order to motivate, inspire and lead high-performing teams. Moreover, in today’s increasingly digitised and interconnected world, boundaries are blurred, collaborations are more fluid and the pressure on businesses to be agile is immense.
What does it take to be an effective and mindful leader in such a dynamic world? How do you become more resilient and better at leading and making decisions in such uncertain times? Do the traditional models of leadership hold, or is the digital age seeing a new brand of leaders emerge?
Emerging Leaders in a Digital Age provides a unique perspective on leadership, designed to help executives adapt to the challenges faced by organisations in a digital environment. As an emerging leader, the programme takes you on a journey of learning to lead yourself – and then translates that knowledge into leading others and forming effective team collaborations. It will equip you with skills to overcome the constraints of your organisation’s leadership culture, and help you to step forward with a new perspective on leading your team in the digital age.
HOW YOU BENEFIT
- Learn to monitor and mould your own behaviour and grow your awareness of how it affects others
- Discover how to create a workspace that motivates your team members to give their best while becoming skilful at providing feedback and having difficult conversations
- Build successful teams by forming meaningful collaborations in digital organisations
Emerging Leaders in a Digital Age is an online programme delivered over 5 weeks that requires you to work on multiple levels. Each week develops one part of the overall the three following topics.
- Learn to monitor yourself and your behaviour at work
- Mould different aspects of yourself to become an effective and mindful leader
- Develop the practice of mindfulness to become aware of your surroundings and manage your emotions
- Create a work environment that motivates your team and helps them realise their full potential
- Discover techniques that can help you understand your relationships with yourself and others
- Learn how to give effective feedback and have difficult conversations
- Learn what is different about collaborations in a digital organisation
- Create conditions conducive to forming effective and successful collaborations, especially in the face of a digital transformation
- Face the challenge of building a shared mindset, shared identity and shared understanding in a digital age
WEEKLY LEARNING JOURNEY
Each week of content follows a very clear path to facilitate learning for busy executives. The platform allows participants to learn at their own pace during each week, by viewing the content, completing assignments and engaging in discussions, taking on average 3-5 hours per week to complete.
Developing your leadership skills is critical to driving business success for your organisation in these turbulent times. Skilfully applying these skills to your own role in leading yourself and high performing teams is key to helping them realise their full potential and seize the opportunities the digital revolution presents.
With this in mind, the Action Learning Project (ALP) will be focusing on building your Leadership Action Plan, and will give you the opportunity to practise applying your learning to your own leadership role. The ALP will take you on a step-by-step journey to develop a leadership practice that you can hone while managing yourself and team in the digital era. You will begin with a reflection of how to lead yourself in the situations you are currently faced with. You will subsequently build on it by developing and practicing skills and behaviours to manage others in your team while forming effective collaborations. You will also be challenged to reflect on the impact of digital on your current leadership practice. The ALP will culminate in you having developed a leadership practice that is most effective for your role in setting up your team for growth and success.
There are 3 phases to the ALP process: First, you will agree on the scope of your ALP with the learning coach, to make sure it aligns with the learning objectives of the programme and culminates in a concrete goal. Second, in each of the 5 content weeks, you will apply the concepts from that week to your ALP. Third, in Week 6, you will synthesise elements from your weekly submissions into a coherent leadership practice and submit it for peer review in Week 7, the final week of the programme. All participants will review 3 to 4 other submissions and provide peer feedback.
Who should attend
Emerging Leaders in a Digital Age is designed for:
- Professionals across industries who are progressing from being in an individual contributor role to leading a team of individual performers
- Emerging leaders who are having to adapt to the demands of managing people and forming collaborations in a fast-changing digital environment