Embedding Leadership Excellence
In an era filled with unlimited information and knowledge, it is important that managers are able to assimilate the information they receive and be able to integrate it to inspire productive outcomes. Unfortunately, learning is equated with the accumulation of knowledge rather than the understanding of knowledge. In the corporate world of today, it is essential to foster the ability to understand and integrate learning into our daily experience. This would lead to higher Level of contribution from each individual towards the goals of his/her organization.
In a competitive environment where there is constant pressure on enhancing individual performance and where ‘producing higher output with lower investment to meet the needs of the customer’ appears to be the name of the game, there is a need for more individuals who are wise rather than knowledgeable. If this game has to be played well, managers have to work. Towards adding value to whatever they do, especially in the roles they play within their organizations. A critical prerequisite for an individual to be able to add value lies in the ability to be a consistent learner all through.
This unique program addresses the major ingredients that contribute toward Embedding Leadership Excellence. While layer sand layers of conditioning have fossilized each one of us, any attempt to bring about a change without touching the very core of the individual would necessarily be superficial. If companies force their vision and values by diktat, managers are likely to pay lip service to them purely a same ansto protect themselves rather than actively internalizing them. Under such circumstances, the commitment of the individual towards organizational values would be very low, affecting the performance of the organization. It is therefore essential to touch the core of the individual to bring about fundamental change.
The purpose of the program lies is:
- Sensitizing participants to the difference between learning to learn and learning to change
- Facilitating the process of transformation from being a knowledgeable person to a wise person
- Exposing participants to the importance of aligning personal, professional, contextual, emotional and spiritual purposes with appropriate processes in their lives as practicing managers
- Understanding the meaning of vision and values
- Self-understanding resulting in better integration
- Higher level of openness and objectivity in exploring issues
- Enhanced level of self-accountability and responsibility
- Increased credibility resulting in building a trusting culture
- Clarity on being a ‘high-vision and high-value’ individual and organization
- Clarity on why one does, what one does and the way one does things
The competencies this workshop aims to build in the participants include:
Action orientation: The ability to pursue work with energy, drive, and a strong orientation of accomplishment.
Strategic leadership: The ability to create a shared purpose, vision, or direction for his/her group or organization, and inspires others to work toward it.
Organizational agility: The ability to understand how to get things done and achieve collective objectives by working with others in an organizational context without losing sight of the values.
Who should attend
This program is targeted towards senior managers who are engaged in challenging responsibilities and are keen on enhancing their leadership potential. This is a capacity building program in developing creative and emotional intelligence. It will be useful for senior managers seeking to embed creative processes within their organizations that result in effective leadership as opposed to efficient leadership. These include functional heads, senior managers, human resource professionals, general managers and those heading divisions of large firms.