Comprehensive course analysis
Who should attend
Leaders at all levels
About the course
Equip yourself with the knowledge and skills to achieve sustainable competitive advantage and growth in your business. By focusing on key elements of business strategy formulation, this course will develop your ability to evaluate, design, and implement value-creating strategies using strategic formulation concepts, techniques and frameworks. Your professor will employ a highly interactive learning approach to enhance your ability to “ask the right questions” in the context of developing strategy – a critical skill for any successful leader.
- Explore the factors and benefits of strategy formulation that make an industry attractive and profitable
- Understand the implications the nature of an industry has on an organization’s strategy and advantage
- Learn how a company builds advantage over rival companies
- Evaluate alternative competitive positions and associated tradeoffs
- Consider main issues executives need to take into account when creating a winning strategic formulation
- Explore multiple approaches to growth and the benefits and costs of specific growth strategies
Prashant Kale is Associate Professor of Strategic Management at the Jesse H. Jones School of Business, Rice University. Prior to Rice he was faculty at the Ross School of Business, University of Michigan and he has also been visiting faculty at the Wharton School, the Kellogg School of Management...
Videos and materials
Because of COVID-19, many providers are cancelling or postponing in-person programs or providing online participation options.
We are happy to help you find a suitable online alternative.