Who should attend
Business heads who are responsible for strategy formulation and execution of their business units, Functional heads who are new to implementing strategy, or are moving into a more challenging implementation role.
About the course
This programme provides insights and tools to bridge the gap between strategy formulation and real-life strategy execution. It will enable participants to identify common traps, balance rationality and emotion, and build the internal capabilities to implement their strategies successfully across cultures. Through this 3-day programme, multiple case studies will be discussed and assessed, using relevant frameworks, to gain holistic perspectives for strategy implementation.
Value Creation vs. Value Capture: An integrative framework
Strategy as a journey: Putting strategy into practice
Understanding the basic principles of cost and differentiation strategies, including the trade-off between them
Exploring and understanding the Strategy Canvas and Business Canvas
Recognising how resources and capabilities need to be upgraded or changed for strategies to succeed
How to deal with innovation: Value, Business Delivery System and Ecosystem Innovation
The role of culture across organisations and strategy
- Build an integrative framework for strategy formulation and execution
- Create an organisational culture of putting strategy into practice
- Recognise and allocate resources needed for strategy to succeed
- Become a driver of execution-focused organisational culture
- Deliver impactful strategies that work in theory and in practice
- Transform into a dynamic leader with invaluable, transferrable skills
Day wise out comes
- Fundamentals of Good Strategy
- Strategy Execution
- Strategies for Culture and Innovation
Ishtiaq Pasha Mahmood is a Professor at the NUS Business School where he studies and works with multinational and indigenous companies on their emerging market strategies. He joined the NUS faculty in 1999, after obtaining an economics degree from Oberlin College (1992) and a Ph.D. from Harvard (...
Videos and materials
Because of COVID-19, many providers are cancelling or postponing in-person programs or providing online participation options.
We are happy to help you find a suitable online alternative.