Who should attend
Everyone in your organisation has to ensure that copy-errors are avoided, so this course is suitable for people at all levels, even senior management. The training is particularly relevant to people who are responsible for checking copy as part of their day to day role.
Whether you are involved in proofreading or copywriting, this course can help you.
About the course
This course is designed to help people involved in proofreading, editing or writing copy, to make sure that the content is accurate, readable and achieves the intended purpose. Effective proofreading requires not only an eye for detail, but also knowledge of grammar, punctuation, style and tone. The course will give delegates the knowledge and insight that will enable them to significantly improve the quality of the copy that their organisation produces. The content of this course can be applied immediately in the workplace.
- Improve the quality of copy
- Recognise and remove tautology
- Avoid clichés
- Use positives, comparatives and superlatives correctly
- Ensure correct punctuation
- Economise on copy
- Read copy to detect errors
- Understand grammar and the construction of sentences
- Turn passive copy into active copy
- Use hyphens, apostrophes and quotation marks correctly
- Use punctuation for emphasis and ease of reading
- Avoid circumlocution
- Identify and remove homophones.
Cole has developed and delivered marketing communications programmes for many major organisations. He has experience in winning contracts, advising companies on their marketing communications, providing communications solutions and assessing marketing communications plans. His approach is to help...
Because of COVID-19, many providers are cancelling or postponing in-person programs or providing online participation options.
We are happy to help you find a suitable online alternative.