Coursalytics is an independent platform to find, compare, and book executive courses. Coursalytics is not endorsed by, sponsored by, or otherwise affiliated with The Chartered Institute of Marketing.Full disclaimer.
This course is designed to ensure that copy produced by your organisation is accurate, readable and achieves the intended purpose. Effective proofreading requires more than just a keen eye and the course provides knowledge and insight that should significantly improve the quality of copy that your organisation circulates. The content can be applied immediately to your business.
- How to improve the quality of copy.
- Recognise and remove tautology.
- Avoid clichés.
- Use positives, comparatives and superlatives correctly.
- Ensure correct punctuation.
- Economise on copy.
- Read copy to detect errors.
- Understand grammar and the construction of sentences.
- Turn passive copy into active copy.
- Use hyphens, apostrophes and quotation marks correctly.
- Use punctuation for emphasis and ease of reading.
- Avoid circumlocution.
- Identify and remove homophones.
Who should attend
Everyone in your organisation has to ensure that copy-errors are avoided, so this course is suitable for people at all levels, even senior management. The training is particularly relevant to people who are responsible for checking copy as part of their day to day role. Whether you are involved in proofreading or copywriting, this course can help you.