Who should attend
- Project managers and programme coordinators
- Executives, senior managers, project engineers in telecommunications, IT, and manufacturing firms
- Managers and executives who are responsible for sponsoring, evaluating or monitoring projects in the service sector (banks, insurance, healthcare, etc.)
- Partners and senior associates in architectural and engineering firms
About the course
In today's global and dynamic business marketplace, the need to quickly deliver on new business initiatives is a competitive advantage. Increasingly, organisations are using projects to introduce new products and innovations to the business environment. Hence, effectively managing projects, tight schedules and budgets is an important business imperative.
The seminar is aimed at providing valuable ideas and insights that will help those working on projects to do a better job serving their organisations, provide value, get more satisfaction from the project work, and inspire all other project stakeholders. The programme will introduce the participants to core project management principles and develop skills required for effective management of organisational projects. It will support participants in taking their performance to a higher level of effectiveness, responsibility and leadership.
Strategic Context of Projects
- Definition of Project
- Introduction to Project Management
- Organisational Context of Projects
- Project Charter and Scope
- The Project Team
- Work Breakdown Structure
- Cost Estimation and Budgeting
- Activity Scheduling
- Resource Planning and Management
- Project Communication
- Project Quality Plan
- Project Risk Analysis
- Project Management Tools
- Project Launch/ Kick-off
- Monitoring and Control
- Stakeholder Management
- Change Management
- Project Procurement
- Contract Administration
- Human Resource Issues
- Project Evaluation
- Ethics in Project Management
- Project Closing
Key Learning Objectives/ Benefits
- An overview of project management
- Organisational concepts for projects
- Project evaluation and selection
- Project planning and scheduling
- Cost estimation and budgeting
- Resource management
- Stakeholder management
- Risk management
- Procurement and contract administration
- Project monitoring and control
- Project governance and ethics
- Hands-on experience using Microsoft Office Project software.
Dr Muogboh, initially joined LBS faculty in 2003 and served as a faculty member and the pioneer Director of the Doctorate programme. He taught sessions in the area of Operations Management, Project Management and Data Analysis. Prior to joining LBS in 2003, he worked as a researcher at the Automa...
Dr Frank Ojadi obtained a bachelor's degree in Engineering Physics from University of Ife (now Obafemi Awolowo University), MBA from the Maarstricht School of Management, Netherlands and PhD in Logistics and Supply Chain Management from University of Johannesburg, South Africa. He has been a facu...
Dr David-West is an information systems (IS) professional with over two decades experience in the Nigerian IT industry. With a passion for the effective use of IT in business, Dr David-West not only makes IT understandable, but assists organisations seeking business value from information and re...
Videos and materials
Because of COVID-19, many providers are cancelling or postponing in-person programs or providing online participation options.
We are happy to help you find a suitable online alternative.