Who should attend
- (Level 2) Supervisors, Executives, & Emerging Managers
- (Level 3) New Managers
About the course
Whether we are dealing with internal or external stakeholders, suppliers or friends and family, unconsciously we negotiate almost daily. The positive result of that negotiation conversation is dependent on our perception of negotiation and our approach to obtain our goal.
Benefits to You
- Understand the application of negotiation in all work place conversations such as inter-department, vendor, colleague, etc
- Strengthen your persuasion abilities when you need to influence without authority
- Equip you with negotiation techniques to strengthen your problem solving abilities
- Value deadlocks and differences at work as opportunities for dialogue and joint solutioning
- Realise your own personal negotiation style approach
- Understand the impact of personality and communication style
- Prepare for negotiation towards an open yet collaborative atmosphere
- Identify the different approaches of persuasion ( Cialdini’s Influence principles )
- Mastering the techniques to design a negotiation dialogue
- Articulate common ground between two parties
- Conclude better agreements through a principled-approach
- Personality profiling to understand your personality
- Negotiation profiling to understand your style
- Anticipating mixed signals when negotiating with different personalities
- Understanding non-verbal cues: tone, words and body language
- Reframing to the context and relationship status
- Value of principled-based versus position-based approach
- Reviewing the Harvard negotiation model
- Reasons for failed negotiations
- Turning a deadlock into a dialogue
- Understanding the fundamentals of WAP, ZoPA and GaCV
- Concessions creation and management
- Common tactics and counter measures
Regina Chua is a corporate client engagement consultant with extensive experience in the regional marketing and business development in Asia Pacific primarily in Singapore, China and India. After a successful 15-year career with Fortune 500 corporations, she founded Discipline Dynamics, a boutiqu...
Because of COVID-19, many providers are cancelling or postponing in-person programs or providing online participation options.
We are happy to help you find a suitable online alternative.