Make sure this course is right for you.
Get unbiased reviews and personalized recommendations.
Who should attend
Mid- to senior-level managers and project managers who negotiate regularly with internal teams and departments, external stakeholders, companies, or suppliers.
About the course
High-performing managers negotiate everyday—with colleagues, among teams, with other departments, and even with other companies and external stakeholders. While the positions and parties may vary, the outcomes often dictate team and organizational success. Good negotiation skills and outcomes are essential to getting things done, achieving mutually positive results and building high value relationships.
In this program, you’ll learn the specific steps of the negotiation process. Through interactive role-playing, case scenarios, peer discussion, and review of proven business negotiating strategies, this program will help you think through challenging situations and trade-offs to become a more effective negotiator.
How You Will Benefit
- Learn the different types of negotiation
- Prepare for negotiating with different stakeholders
- Understand the BATNA approach and how to use it
- Deflect “dirty tricks” used in negotiations
- See when and how to separate people from the problem
- Find common interests to move beyond stated positions and create outcomes that strengthen relationships
Day 1 - The Negotiation Process
- Discover the process and skills of mutual gains negotiation
- Prepare for open and honest negotiation discussions
- Learn how to negotiate "interests" rather than "positions"
Day 2 - Personal Influences in the Negotiation Process
- Learn how to separate the people from the problem
- Understand your perceptions and emotions to avoid getting "triggered"
- Learn to intelligently “give and take” during the negotiation process
- Discover how to deal effectively with people who don’t play fair
FIRST DAY - Includes breakfast, lunch, breaks and dinner
- Check-In and Breakfast 7:30 a.m. - 8:15 a.m.
- Course 8:15 a.m. - 5 p.m.
- Dinner 4:30 p.m. - 10 p.m.
LAST DAY - Includes breakfast, lunch and breaks
- Breakfast 7:30 a.m. - 8:15 a.m.
- Course 8:15 a.m.–5 p.m.
- Dinner 4:30–10 p.m.
Deb has experience helping families and businesses meet various needs, concentrating on communication, transition, and next-generation development. She has worked with numerous families on developing effective communication and conflict resolution skills, facilitating various negotiated agreement...
Because of COVID-19, many providers are cancelling or postponing in-person programs or providing online participation options.
We are happy to help you find a suitable online alternative.