This course has no confirmed dates in the future. Subscribe to be notified when it is offered.
About the course
Leading People, Teams, and Projects Effective Leadership examines the complex role of a leader as a thought leader, problem solver, change agent, and role model. Through interactive, action-oriented team engagement, participants examine their strengths as individual leaders, understand the needs of their followers, and develop strategies to garner influence and drive results throughout their organization.
Must Have Skills for Emerging Leaders
Gain the tools, strategies, and frameworks that will enable you to capitalize on your leadership strengths and become a more strategic and effective leader.
During the program you will:
- Gain a deeper understanding of leadership and your personal leadership strengths and style
- Develop methods to improve team dynamics and maximize team effectiveness
- Learn how to drive project success through high-performing teams, risk mitigation, and stakeholder engagement
- Benefit from interaction with a peer network from a broad array of industries
- Reinforce your learning through highly interactive exercises and case studies to ensure that you are fully prepared to put your new skills into practice
Program Topics and Structure
Effective Leadership is a 5-day program offered over five consecutive days from 8:30am – 4:30pm.
Day 1. Understanding Leadership and Yourself as a Leader
- Leadership vs. Management
- Effective Traits of Leaders
- Leadership Styles and Types
- Situational Leadership
Day 2. Developing Personal Leadership
- Fostering Trust and Candor
- Emotional Intelligence
- Strategies for Effective Followers
Day 3. Leading High-Performing Teams
- Factors that impede team performance
- Proven models for leading teams
- Characteristics of high performing teams
- Team development cycles
- Team management through change
Day 4. Leading Projects: Getting Things Done
- Tools & techniques to facilitate high-performing teams
- Identifying and mitigating risks
- Managing stakeholders
- Conflict management
Day 5. Pulling It All Together
Capstone team simulation exercise, where you have the opportunity to apply the new tools, strategies and skills that you have learned
Who should attend
Effective Leadership combines the key elements of advanced study in leadership and strategy with engaging team learning and the development of a peer network. It has been developed to improve and enhance the skills of those charged with managing a team or group, including:
- Team Leaders
- Project Managers
- High-potential mid-level managers
Trust the experts
Elaine Walker has over 20 years of corporate and consulting experience in senior HR positions for high-performing multinational organizations. As tboth a lecturer and the chair of the Human Resources concentration at Bentley University, Elaine focuses on preparing HR specialists for the challenge...
William Starner spent over 25 years in executive management roles including general management, marketing, customer service and human resources. He has extensive international business experience and possesses in-depth knowledge of a variety of industries. Mr. Starner is an Adjunct Professor of ...
Major teaching and research interests include rhetorical analysis of news coverage, theories of persuasion, intercultural communication, public speaking, rhetoric of social change, rhetoric of psychoanalysis, and business communication ethics. Currently researching competing agendas in newspaper ...