Make sure this course is right for you.
Get unbiased reviews and personalized recommendations.
Who should attend
Labor relations, human resource, operations supervisors, and managers involved in the administration of employee discipline.
About the course
Your disciplinary decisions are subject to rigorous scrutiny. If you’re involved in formulating or implementing disciplinary decisions, you must have command of the principles of progressive discipline, and a solid understanding of the best practices for administering discipline. This workshop teaches you how to:
- Analyze discipline problems
- Conduct disciplinary interviews
- Prepare a disciplinary memorandum
- Respond effectively and appropriately to disciplinary problems
- Define and determine just cause
- Defining progressive discipline
- An employee’s right to union representation
- Identifying and establishing a “past practice”
- How past practices affect the disciplinary process
- Criteria used by arbitrators in deciding discipline cases
- Guidance for handling excessive absenteeism and alcohol and drug abuse cases
- Discipline for off-duty or off-premises misconduct
During this two-day workshop, experienced arbitrators and labor relations professionals will provide you with practical knowledge and insight about the employee discipline process.
Ellen Gallin Procida has been teaching the art of arbitration advocacy for nearly 20 years. During her career as a NYC public school teacher, she first developed the skills necessary for effective advocacy by representing UFT members as the school based union representative in her school. Ellen w...
Martin Scheinman, Esq., has served as a full-time Arbitrator and Mediator since 1979. During his career, Scheinman has decided or helped resolve over 20,000 disputes. Scheinman is widely viewed as one of the busiest and most acceptable neutrals in the United States. Initially serving only on labo...
Because of COVID-19, many providers are cancelling or postponing in-person programs or providing online participation options.
We are happy to help you find a suitable online alternative.