Effective Decision Making
Coursalytics is an independent platform to find, compare, and book executive courses. Coursalytics is not endorsed by, sponsored by, or otherwise affiliated with Alberta School of Business.Full disclaimer.
This one day course is part of the 3 day Decision Making and Negotiations Certificate and the 12 day Management Essentials Program. While the course is designed to be independent in nature, please consider whether maximum value can be obtained by taking it as part of a broader program.
Effective decision-making is central to the success of any manager. Yet the increasing pace of change, uncertainty, and complexity make effective decision-making all the more challenging. This course will offer evidence-based insight on effective decision-making across a variety of contexts, while considering approaches for overcoming bias in the decision-making process. You will explore different decision-making models (inductive, deductive and intuitive) and how individual differences and biases shape decision-making. During this course, you will be asked to apply these insights to cases and scenarios, as well as current challenging decisions you are facing.
- Gain greater insight into decision-making processes and use that insight to make more effective decisions
- Analyze assumptions and biases and understand the impact these have on decision-making
- Assess thinking style and habits and appreciate those of others
- Apply decision-making models and apply them to their own scenarios in order to make better decisions
- Investigate situations through asking better questions that foster innovation