Coursalytics is an independent platform to find, compare, and book executive courses. Coursalytics is not endorsed by, sponsored by, or otherwise affiliated with The University of Auckland Business School.Full disclaimer.
About the course
Become an effective communicator to deliver clear messages and nurture great relationships
How good are your communication skills? Being able to communicate effectively is vital to succeed in the workplace. Effective spoken communication requires being able to express your ideas and views clearly, confidently and concisely. We are all in the relationship business and communication is the ‘glue’ that holds relationships together. Mastering the art of one-on-one relationships is fundamental to good business practice.
In this course you will learn essential communication skills (verbal, non-verbal and listening) to make sure the message you want to communicate gets across. This leads to greater understanding and assists with maintaining good relationships. Using an interactive approach, participants will undertake a number of practical exercises to put their learning into live situations.
You will learn to:
- Understand the essential components that influence the communication process
- Realise the essence of “first seek to understand, then be understood” by exploring situational listening techniques
- Evaluate the power of non-verbal communication
- Strategise ways to ‘flex’ in order to connect with different communication styles
- Recognise the universal principles that govern effective communication
- Understand the four communication styles and how these are linked to personality and behavioural styles
- Construct ways to get your point across to maintain great relationships
- Define and appreciate the importance of effective communication
- Assess your own listening ability in order to more effectively connect with others
- Demonstrate ways of being more critical in how you perceive others.
Your organisation will:
- Benefit from your ability to connect more effectively with others
- Substantially improve communication within your organisation
- Result in a more cooperative workplace.
Who should attend
- Anyone in a leadership role
- People in services industries such as manufacturing
- Managers of all levels responsible for their team performance
- Team members needing to improve group outputs
Trust the experts
Roseann Gedye is a sought-after educator and adviser in the areas of communication, leadership, change and motivation. With extensive educational experience, Roseann has written and presented a number of communication programmes in a variety of organisations. She taught the Bachelor of Internati...