This course has no confirmed dates in the future. Subscribe to be notified when it is offered.
About the course
Designed as a continuum of LR201, Preparation for Collective Bargaining, participants will formulate a negotiation strategy and learn "at-the-table" best practices. Participants develop negotiation skills by participating in a full-day bargaining simulation.
- Bargaining plans, strategies, and tactics
- Preparing for face-to-face negotiation sessions
- Handling negotiations at the bargaining table
- How to obtain an agreement
- Developing bargaining plans, strategies, and proposals
- Steps to establishing an overall negotiation strategy
- Systems for managing the bargaining committee
- Techniques for developing offers
- Methods for resolving union proposals
- Maximizing effectiveness at the bargaining table
- Strategically presenting offers throughout bargaining
- What to do during 11th-hour negotiations
- How to settle the sticky issues and reach agreement
- A checklist for communications during negotiations
- Preparing a memorandum of agreement
- How to develop a strike contingency plan
- Determining whether to use a mediator
A full-day collective bargaining simulation in which participants negotiate in a small group setting against experienced labor relations professionals with ample opportunity for ongoing, real-time feedback and discussion
Who should attend
Labor relations, human resource, operations, and finance professionals who represent or support management in collective bargaining
Trust the experts
John Herbert specializes in employment, labor, government contractor and business law. He has held senior legal and business roles with global Fortune 50 companies in their legal and business department since the late 1970’s. He currently heads up a major Northeast U.S. law firm that focuses on e...
have worked many years as a labor-relations lawyer and I am a negotiator, administrator, problem-solver and teacher with a diverse portfolio. With a Harvard Law degree and more than 25 years experience, I can provide the highest quality negotiation, contract and workplace advice and assistance, a...
Donald W Savelson
Don Savelson is an optional service partner in the Labor & Employment Law Department. Don handles a wide variety of labor and employment matters including WARN, NLRA wage/hour, unemployment, ADA, FMLA, workers compensation, and occupational safety and health matters. He has represented clien...