Effective Business Writing
Coursalytics is an independent platform to find, compare, and book executive courses. Coursalytics is not endorsed by, sponsored by, or otherwise affiliated with Improving Communications.Full disclaimer.
Be a better and more confident writer.
Master skills that are necessary in today’s competitive business environment. Learn to write in a way that elevates you with increased confidence and enthusiasm. The focus of Effective Business Writing training is how to organize ideas and communicate clearly. This class will show you how to write in a concise manner with conviction. For business professionals who have written contact with others, these areas of development are necessary. Improved written English means increased internal and external customer satisfaction.
Attendees Will Be Able To:
- Get document-writing started, increasing efficiency;
- Gain greater awareness of audience and how to communicate ideas effectively;
- Organize writing, following guidelines for appropriate style;
- Write correctly and successfully, eliminating the need for constant revision;
- Edit writing with confidence; and
- Communicate more clearly, fostering an increased perception of expertise.
Format—Effective Business Writing is an 8-hour class for up to 20 people.
Writing well is the key to advancing our agenda and our ideas. We communicate in writing all the time—in e-mails, in memos, and in reports. But how can we make our writing compelling? And how can we ensure our messages have impact? This one-day course explores the essentials of effective writing. Through individual and group exercises, participants will learn how to write convincing e-mails, compose a memo/executive summary, and incorporate powerful anecdotes. In addition, participants will receive personalized feedback on both their structure and style. Participants will leave the program with an improved ability to write clearly and persuasively.
In our two-day Business Writing course, we will explore and dive deeper into learning the fundamentals of effective writing. In individual and group exercises, we will offer practical techniques to write clearly and persuasively in any business setting. Through guided writing prompts, you will discover how to use powerful writing to communicate your ideas in a meaningful and memorable way.
Who should attend
- Mid-level professionals who want to improve their business writing
- New and experienced managers who often craft professional documents and present complex ideas
- Content writers and marketers
- Professionals who write web and promotional copy