Economics & Technology of the Electric Power Value Chain
Explore global electric power value chain economics, technology, policy/regulatory issues, and business strategies and trends.
Delve into advanced topics relating to global oil, natural gas and LNG value chains and discover the economics, technology, policy/regulatory issues and business strategies and trends that affect these value chains. Study global market conditions, U.S. and international case studies, oil and natural gas market outlooks, and example project investments to illustrate and provide hands-on experience.
Examine the economics, strategy, business valuation, and finance specific to the energy industry, offering you a focused look at your field.
One-Day Focused Program
Registration begins at 8:00 a.m. and class runs 8:30 – 4:30 with a one-hour networking lunch included.
Our Energy classes are held in Houston, the energy capital of the world.
- Review key value chain economics, business, and technology features impacting investment projects
- Gain a perspective on strategic planning for governments and investors
- Understand the relationship between global energy balances, prices and investment cycles
- Learn the role technology and technological innovation play in the value chain
- Definitions of electric power quantities
- Overview of the electricity industry
- Components of an electric power system
- Electricity markets