Dynamic Public Speaking — Essential
Coursalytics is an independent platform to find, compare, and book executive courses. Coursalytics is not endorsed by, sponsored by, or otherwise affiliated with University of Salford, Manchester.Full disclaimer.
Presenting to an audience is more than just talking! If you can speak persuasively and passionately, a magical thing happens - people start to listen.This course will help you to improve all of the essential skills that come into play when you stand up and speak. Even experienced presenters make basic errors, because they have fallen into bad habits, which is why this all-inclusive full-day training is not just about the basics, it is about the core tools of the trade, the nuts-and-bolts of communicating with confidence.
And if fear is holding you back from speaking to others, or even attending this training, let us put your mind at rest: we can transform fear into fearless
This essential training course will deliver dozens of tried and trusted techniques that can:
- Prepare you for communicating with confidence
- Give you consistency and credibility
- Make your messages memorable
- Develop your delivery of dry data
- Put the ‘you’ in unique
- Improve your career prospects
- Fight the fear of speaking to large or small groups
10:00 Session One: PPI - Preparation, Practice, Impressions
- Perfect Prep – leave nothing to chance.
- First Impressions – make a lasting impression from the word ‘go’, because there are no second chances.
- No-nonsense Confidence – fight the fright by learning how to stay in the moment and stay on message.
- Customising for the Customer – giving the people what they want.
- Pointless PowerPoints – avoiding data dumps and dull demos
11:30 Session Two: Passion and Persuasion
- Natural or Neutral - Are you presenting the whole package? Keeping your gestures real, for the movers and shakers
- We’re Engaged - Congratulations, the audience loves you - but will it last? Keep the engagement and energy going from start to finish
- Talk the Talk – One word says it all, basic voice coaching techniques
- Stand and Deliver – What the audience expects
12:00 Session Three: Introductions
Delegates receive a presentation task to complete, which will help them to make an impact, build credibility, and leave a great first impression.
This will be filmed – fly-on-the-wall-style – for further feedback.
14:00 Session Four: Presentation Secrets
The best of the best – a short video demo of how the most popular presenters captivate, excite and motivate their audiences.
14:20 Stand and Deliver
Practical Session – here’s one we prepared earlier.
In this interactive session, delegates will deliver a presentation or a speech they prepared in advance. Your trainer will give constructive feedback, and will encourage other participants to comment on some key skills, such as delivery style, content, slides (if used) engagement and presence.
16:15 High-Five - The Big Finish