Dynamic Public Speaking – Advanced
Coursalytics is an independent platform to find, compare, and book executive courses. Coursalytics is not endorsed by, sponsored by, or otherwise affiliated with University of Salford, Manchester.Full disclaimer.
Being a great public speaker is great, you have confidence, people are more receptive to you and you have better job opportunities. Not everyone is born a great public speaker though. For some it is a skill that is gained through years of painstaking work and self-improvement.
What would you say if I told you that you could become better at public speaking within the day? What would you say if I said you can learn from a world renowned sky presenter?
Well on our Advanced Public Speaking Course you can do just that learn from the best and conquer your fear in as little as a day.
Our Advanced level course is designed to guide you through the public speaking maze, pointing you in the same direction that others took to become… Amazing.
10:00 Session One: Pitch Perfect.
Making a lasting impression from the word ‘go’. Practical Session.
10:45 Session Two: It’s all about you.
- The Voice – “I worry about my speech speeding up”. PPI – Pace, Pitch, and Inflection.
- Get Real – “My body language when I’m standing isn’t great.” Finding the natural communicator inside, and outside, of you.
- People Power – “Audiences can be mixed in knowledge levels, thus pitching can be difficult”. How to customise for the customer.
- Slide and Speak – “I tend to use my slides as a crutch.” How to avoid pointless PowerPoints.
- High and Dry – “[The content] conflicts with the need to engage orally”. Taking dry content to new heights by turning it into something more memorable.
11:30 Session Three: Stand and Deliver
Here’s one I made earlier – delegates deliver key elements of a presentation they prepared in advance. (A presentation of the full version takes place in session five.)
Your trainer will give constructive feedback, and will encourage other participants to comment on some key skills, such as delivery-style, content, slides (if used) engagement and presence. Each presentation will be filmed fly-on-the-wall-style.
14:00 Session Four: Room for Improvement
Delegates get a chance to hone their delivery style following their earlier presentation.
14:20 Session Five: Stand and Deliver - Take Two
In this practical session, delegates will get to deliver the full version of their prepared presentation for further feedback.
16:30 and finally …
Quotes, closing arguments, bookends, Q&As and summaries.
This advanced level course will teach you tried and trusted techniques to:
- Prepare for high stake presentations.
- Speak in a consistently compelling fashion.
- Make an impact with your message.
- Engage the audience.
- Stay calm, control and confidence.
- Handle difficult questions and speak any size of crowd.