Dynamic Presentation Skills
Coursalytics is an independent platform to find, compare, and book executive courses. Coursalytics is not endorsed by, sponsored by, or otherwise affiliated with Center for Technology and Management Education.Full disclaimer.
In the Dynamic Presentation Skills workshop, participants learn techniques to improve spoken job-related messages and to make the process results oriented. Participants learn how to generate more memorable, dynamic talks by motivating and persuading the audience. Extensive practice exercises are emphasized.
Participants are typically videotaped for self-analysis, with instructor feedback. Developing an action/improvement plan follows.
Participants will learn to:
- Overcome typical anxieties
- Control voice and image projection
- Use visual aids
- Define message content
- Develop a presentation planning form
- Structure the delivery
- Establish eye and ear appeal
- Draw listeners in
- Eliminate emotional "deaf spots"
- Energize their presentations
Critical Communication Skills
- The oral message - your "final product"
- Overcoming typical fears
- Defining the appropriate communication
- Targeting your audience
Objectives and Strategy
- Idea significance (fact vs. opinion)
- Script practice
- Vocal intonation and inflection
- Using visual aids
- Energy, vitality, gestures
- Personal appearance
- Research ('frontloading')
- The mechanics and psychology of spoken messages
- Defining the tone
- Dynamics of storytelling
How to Establish Eye and Ear Appeal
- Maintaining interest
- Pacing--why, when, where to be specific
- Retaining humanity and warmth
- Interest inhibitors
- Drawing the listeners in
- Movement and posture
Delivery * Individual videotaping sessions
- Measuring results (response checklist)
- Barriers to two-way communication
- Emotional deaf spots
- Doing it better next time
- Videotape analysis
Who should attend
Executives, project managers, project leads, team leaders, proposal managers, engineers, sales personnel, and anyone who wants to improve their presentation skills.