About the course
Part 1: This session will provide you with all the basic skills required to design and build e-learning courses in Storyline 3 or 360. You’ll also learn how to design interactive, online courses that engage learners and accomplish stated learning objectives.
- Build a basic elearning course, based on storyboards, using Articulate Storyline 3 or 360
- Adapt the MCATD instructional design process for self-paced elearning
- Scope requirements for elearning courses based on real-life cases
- Learn best practices for writing elearning storyboards
- Create advanced interactions using variables, conditions and triggers
- Update course to comply with AODA accessibility requirements
Part 2 (blended format – part in-class, part on-line): This session explores the virtual classroom and the unique facilitation techniques that can be used to make learning most impactful in a virtual setting.
- Explore and adopt virtual facilitation best practices when hosting virtual classroom sessions
- Incorporate virtual classroom design principles into your training materials
- Navigate and explore features and functions of the WebEx Training Center
- Use the WebEx Training Center to deliver a 20-minute virtual classroom session on a topic of your choice
Sandra is the principal of Synergy Management Consulting, specializing in leadership coaching, customized training and facilitation services. Sandra is certified in MBTI, BarOn Emotional Intelligence Assessment, Facilitation First Train-the- Trainer, Coaches Training Institute, and training as a ...
Biography David Donaldson is a program director with TidalShift Inc. and an experienced facilitator, trainer, courseware developer and consultant with more than 25 years’ experience building and delivering solutions for clients across North America. David holds a Change Management Practitioner (...
Biography Carley is a manager of learning programs at Rexall Pharmacy Group, where she has 14 years of experience in various positions within the organization. As a graduate of the AMCATD program, her experience allows her to bring a fresh, “real world” perspective to the program and its facilita...
Shawn is senior manager, learning design, with Royal Bank of Canada. For the past 20 years he has successfully merged his passions for technology, project management and adult learning into an intriguing career. Shawn graduated with a BSc in Computer Science from the University of the West Indies...
Hugues (Hugh) is a versatile and influential leader with more than 30 years’ experience developing strategies and solutions for building high-performing leaders, teams and workplace. As the leader of the Learning and Development team of Export Development Canada, he leads the organization’s focus...
Sharlene Fernandes is a client-centric learning and development manager and instructional design consultant, working in the fields of professional sales, consumer packaged goods, and data analytics. She led the client-learning and professional-certification teams at the Canadian Professional Sale...
Farheen is driven by the opportunity to help people grow and has executed that for over a decade in the Learning and Talent Development space. A graduate of the MCATD (Schulich) and holding an MA in Education (OISE), Farheen has experience in a range of industries, including not-for-profit, consu...
Videos and materials
Because of COVID-19, many providers are cancelling or postponing in-person programs or providing online participation options.
We are happy to help you find a suitable online alternative.