Driving Strategies for Maximizing Value and Growth
The 2-day Driving Strategies for Maximizing Value and Growth course will show you how to craft, implement and sustain a cohesive strategy to maximize long-term profits. Learn to work with analytical tools that aid strategic decision-making while understanding the environment that includes your customers, technology, economics, capital markets, competitors, special interest groups, and government. This course will go beyond theories and will help you generate skills and enhance your role in your organization.
- Understand the difference between strategy and operational effectiveness
- Discern generic strategies that firms pursue and the main benefits and challenges that these strategies pose for the firm
- Learn how to identify key issues in the industry environment that need to be considered when making strategic decisions
- Grasp how to consider both internal factors (e.g., key resources and capabilities) and external factors (e.g., industry structure, competitor actions) in determining the best strategy for the firm
- Examine how to achieve and sustain an advantage over rivals and potential entrants
- Be able to analyze corporate strategy—how firms decide what markets to enter and how they take advantage of competing in multiple markets
- Recognize the challenges of strategy execution and understand how to create the necessary organizational change(s)
Through the use of case studies, current business articles, intensive interaction and experiential exercises, the faculty will lead you to focus on the key knowledge and skills you need to take an active role in managing a business. Participants also gain exposure to 'business like' situations and practice their management skills in a dynamic and participatory setting. The learning environment is supported by technologically advanced facilities, professional staff and highly innovative instructional methods and techniques.
Who should attend
The program is geared to business professionals who are decision makers or work with decision makers in their departments or within the whole organization. It is perfect for directors and executives seeking to improve their strategic mindset, improve decision-making skills, lead teams, and organizations, and enhance their organization's competitive advantage.