Driving Strategic Impact
Coursalytics is an independent platform to find, compare, and book executive courses. Coursalytics is not endorsed by, sponsored by, or otherwise affiliated with Columbia Business School.Full disclaimer.
Over the last few decades, top-tier strategy consulting firms have cultivated a unique set of skills that consistently help them deliver high-impact solutions to complex strategic issues. Driving Strategic Impact trains participants in how to drive strategic impact for their organizations and their clients, through a combination of tools, frameworks, role-plays and case studies. It is organized along the four phases of strategic problem solving: (i) Developing a Clear Understanding of Your Problem, (ii) Creating a Strategy Development Roadmap, (iii) Analyzing Data to Draw Strategic Conclusions, and (iv) Developing High-Impact Recommendations.
This program is based on the popular Driving Strategic Impact class taught by Prof. Hitendra Wadhwa at Columbia Business School, offered additionally as a 3-day Executive Education program at the Columbia University campus in New York City. See here for more details.
Join us for Driving Strategic Impact if you want to improve your effectiveness in solving strategy problems and in becoming a trusted advisor for colleagues and clients.
What You Will Learn
- Get client / organizational support for strategic initiatives
- Concretely define the scope of a strategy project
- Develop a well-structured strategic problem-solving roadmap
- Align with key stakeholders
- Rapidly move to the core issues to focus your problem-solving effort
- Efficiently gather the right information to build a relevant fact base
- Extract information from internal and external sources
- Synthesize data to drive key conclusions
- Develop high-impact recommendations
- Put your new learnings into practice on real-life strategy cases
- Manage strategy projects for maximum impact
This Columbia-IPL Executive Program takes you on a 12-week journey to acquiring mastery over a personal leadership competency.
- Duration: 12 weeks
- Time Required: 3 hours per week
- Self-paced, high-quality video lectures
- Online reflections and discussion
- Opportunity to interact with a global community of executive participants
- The Institute for Personal Leadership's proprietary myPL mobile learning platform for convenient on-the-go access
- The Institute for Personal Leadership's proprietary Virtual Mentor platform for practice and feedback (for select programs)
- Certificate of Completion (Executive Program) from the Institute for Personal Leadership & Columbia Business School Executive Education
- Two days of credit toward a Certificate with select alumni and tuition benefits from Columbia Business School. Learn more
- Four live online review sessions led by IPL faculty
- Access to the IPL toolbox – tools, templates, and framework
Driving Strategic Impact is based on Professor Hitendra Wadhwa's research and teaching, drawn from best practices in the management consulting industry.
Who should attend
The Driving Strategic Impact program is designed for executives of all levels who are looking to improve your effectiveness in solving strategy problems and in becoming a trusted advisor for colleagues and clients.