Who should attend
- Senior and mid-level professionals in Marketing & Sales, Strategy, Service development and R&D
- Highly experienced executives in Human Resources, IT and other functions
- Teams from the same company to create a common vision are welcome
- Both product and service organisations in either B2B or B2C
About the course
Customer centricity can lead to more satisfied customers, increased loyalty, higher revenues and a more profitable company. In this executive programme, you will experience what you need to define a truly customer-driven strategy and to execute it by focusing on these 5 challenges:
- How to create solutions your customers truly value?
- How to define the most effective customer journey?
- How to organise for customer centricity?
- How to capture higher profits from your customer orientation?
- How can (big) data enhance all of the above?
WHY THIS PROGRAMME?
What is the added value of following the programme 'Driving Growth through Customer Centricity'?
By participating in this programme, you will:
- Learn how to create solutions your customers truly value
- Be able to define the most effective customer journey
- Gain insights into organising for customer centricity
- Learn how to capture higher profits from your customer orientation
- Understand how big data may further enhance your customer focus
- Be inspired by B2B, B2C, B2B2C examples in product-focused and/or services-focused industries that illustrate how to put the programme’s concepts into practice
This 4-day programme helps you develop the necessary insights for gaining competitive advantage in the market. We discuss theoretical concepts and insights as well as case studies, techniques and practical examples to bring theory to life and better understand the power of putting the customer in the centre of your organisation. Top-level faculty − representing a mix of professors and expert practitioners − guide you through this programme. You also share experiences with your fellow participants and practitioners, who share their business cases with you.
The programme 'Driving Growth through Customer Centricity' consists of 5 modules:
Module 1: Customer-driven innovation
- How to connect to your customers during the innovation process
- Developing products and services for the wider customer needs
- Co-creation best practices from product and service industries
Module 2: Better customer understanding
- A 360 degree customer view? Where do you start?
- From customer data to customer insights: improving marketing decision-making
- Personalising communication and marketing campaigns using predictive analytics
Module 3: Customer Journey Thinking
- Learn and exercise the essential questions and approaches to conceptualise your business from a customer decision journey perspective
- Gain insights into customer psychology that offer deep-dive perspectives for applying your customer journey thinking, and that can enable you to be a game-changer in your customer approach
- Learn how digital technologies can be used to generate ‘value for the customer’ and ‘value for the company’ simultaneously
- Experience how digital technology can be used to create a competitive advantage in ‘how’ you bring a given product/service to the customer
- Be inspired by real-life examples of successful customer journey approaches driven by Artificial Intelligence (AI), Big Data, Augmented Reality, etc.
Module 4: A customer & innovation-focussed culture
- How to identify & overcome cognitive cultural patterns in organisations
- How to turn boredom, resistance and protection into customer curiosity, awareness and thrill
- How to fly on the wings of surprise, discontinuity and intuition
Module 5: Capturing value through innovative pricing
- Defining a pricing strategy in line with your company objectives
- Maximising the value of the interaction with your customers
- How start-up pricing can inspire established companies
Frank Goedertier is the School’s brand management and marketing communications specialist who loves to approach his expertise topics from a strategic or customer psychology perspective.Within the school Frank Goedertier is responsible for the Vlerick Brand Management Centre and acts as Program Di...
Katleen is an Associate Professor in Leadership and Coaching at Vlerick Business School. She is also the head of a centre that specializes in monitoring leadership trends and the development of innovative leadership & coaching tools. Her specific areas of expertise include inclusive leadershi...
Philippe Baecke is an Assistant Professor at Vlerick Business School. He holds a Master degree in Applied Economics, an Advanced Master degree in Marketing Analysis and is also Doctor in Applied Economics (Ghent University). He is programme director of two executive programmes at Vlerick Business...
Koen Tackx is a Professor of Management Practice at Vlerick Business School in strategy and marketing. His industry focus includes energy, financial services and telecommunications. After a corporate career of 20 years, he graduated as a PhD in 2015 on a dissertation titled “fair process perspect...
Videos and materials
Read more about Business Analytics
Read more about Information Technology
Because of COVID-19, many providers are cancelling or postponing in-person programs or providing online participation options.
We are happy to help you find a suitable online alternative.