Make sure this course is right for you.
Get unbiased reviews and personalized recommendations.
Who should attend
The programme attracts senior executives from a range of organisations, based all over the world. The programme is designed for senior leaders who are responsible for driving growth within their organisation, in particular:
- Senior leaders within large established companies who need to reinvent their organisations approach to growth
- Senior entrepreneurs within successful start-ups looking to scale their business
- Senior leaders within SME’s seeking to explore new opportunities for growth both regionally, nationally and internationally
- Senior public officials seeking to better understand how to respond to changing environments and stakeholder demands and expectations
- Senior leaders within NGO’s needing to understand how to drive growth and impact for their stakeholders through disruptive technologies
Industries will include, but are not limited to: financial services, technology, health care, education, utilities, government, non-profits; and professional service firms including: law firms and accounting
About the course
Developing visionary leaders who embrace disruption as a force for growth
A programme designed to inspire senior leaders with responsibility for driving growth through disruption.
For leaders who are focused on the future of their business, disruption can be perceived as a threat. But for visionary leaders who take a proactive stance and take time to get out ahead of some of the disruptive forces affecting markets and industries, disruption can be a real opportunity.
Over the course of your week in Oxford you will discover, discuss and reflect on the forces of change and disruption within organisations, industries and the world. Supported by the faculty and your peers, you will turn these into new and unique opportunities for driving business growth and creating value for today’s and tomorrow’s customers.
The Driving Disruptive Growth programme draws on University of Oxford research and insight on the human elements of digital disruption and transformation through the lenses of leadership, culture, strategy and change. We then combine this with cutting edge research and thought leadership on current and future digital technologies, and the opportunities that they present to businesses.
This unique approach equips leaders with an understanding not only of the future direction of their organisation, but with an enhanced ability to strategically lead successful and responsible change.
Led by Oxford Saïd’s Associate Dean of Research and L’Oréal Professor of Marketing, Andrew Stephen, the programme is supported by senior faculty members from across the University of Oxford, as well as thought leaders engaged in the Oxford Future of Marketing Initiative and industry experts from across the world.
- Discover unique opportunities for delivering growth through disruptive technologies
- Translate your vision into a robust and stress-tested action plan to drive strategy
- Gain unparalleled access to University of Oxford faculty and influential industry leaders
- Deepen your understanding of how to lead change and develop culture to support your disruptive growth strategy
- Gain lifelong membership of the Oxford Business Alumni (OBA) Network
To your organisation
- Develop a culture of innovation that embraces disruption as an opportunity for growth
- Deliver successful and responsible growth driven by ethical leadership and decision making
- Attend the programme in teams from your organisation to develop a shared enthusiasm for, and understanding of, the disruptive strategy
- Expand your ecosystem and network through a geographically and industrially diverse participant group
Day 1 - The Imperative for Disruptive Growth
Based on the latest thinking from key industry experts and world-leading research you will discover the opportunities and challenges that exist across industry sectors and in the world more broadly and consider how they could impact your ability to drive growth in your organisation.
Day 2 - Leading your Organisation into the Future
Challenge your assumptions and think critically about the plausible futures for your organisation and develop your ideas for approaches to disruptive growth. Explore the leadership capabilities you’ll need to develop in order to support this paradigm shift.
Day 3 - Re-imagining Strategy and Culture
Consider how your organisational strategy might change considering your disruptive growth ambitions and formulate new ideas on how to deliver on your objectives. Then develop a robust framework to ensure that this is this aligned with your purpose and supported by your organisational capabilities.
Day 4 - Engaging with Stakeholders to Deliver
Gain perspective on the needs of your key stakeholders whether that be the board, investors, or your senior team. Deliver a stress-tested action plan that has been debated and challenged through deep and insightful discussions between your peers and the faculty in a safe, risk-free environment.
Professor Andrew Stephen is one of the world’s leading academic marketing experts, with a particular emphasis on issues that lie at the intersection of marketing and technology, such as how, when, and why marketers should use new digital media channels. He was recently ranked as one of the top-25...
Trudi is a global strategist working with leaders to support them with their strategic objectives. Her vision is to improve the state of the world through global conversations. She does this through her teaching, research and consulting, providing leaders with the frameworks and space to discove...
David has over 25 years of director-level experience in marketing. With particular specialism in strategic brand development, he has led transformational programmes across a range of organisations, including Barclays, Labatt Brewing, LV= and, most recently, as Chief Marketing Officer at Allian...
Videos and materials
Because of COVID-19, many providers are cancelling or postponing in-person programs or providing online participation options.
We are happy to help you find a suitable online alternative.