Who should attend
As a marketing practitioner do you sometimes wonder how to make sense of the masses of information available nowadays online and how best to relate it to your organisation? Are you expected to take the findings of market research that has been conducted and translate them into meaningful action? This course will help you appreciate how a deeper insight will yield better business decisions. By learning to use a variety of tools as data collection options, you will understand new ways to contribute ideas on new product development, brand identity and/or business expansion.
About the course
There is much talk these days about big data and drawing insight from analytics but in-depth customer insight requires a combination of skills, with a solid foundation in market research. This course aims to create a mind-set that looks for, generates and recognises insight and then applies that insight for better business decisions. Drawing insight from market information requires a deep understanding of customers’ attitudes and consumer behaviour. This course focuses on information requirements, data collection options and how to ensure required information is available and accessible for business decisions.
- Understand the meaning of insight and develop an interpretation relevant to your own organisation.
- Learn to draw on a wide variety of sources of information to create insight.
- Review existing information available internally and externally.
- Understand customer needs, monitor customer satisfaction, measure company performance.
- Plan a market survey and select appropriate methodologies.
- Use the customer database to develop insight.
- Analyse qualitative and quantitative research.
- Use market information as part of the planning process.
- Develop a more creative approach to collecting and interpreting customer data.
A highly experienced marketer and economist, Jean Sutton has worked in market research since graduating in economics from Trinity College Dublin. Her professional career has involved vast market research on a number of projects working for high profile companies such as the Irish Trade Board, Bri...
Because of COVID-19, many providers are cancelling or postponing in-person programs or providing online participation options.
We are happy to help you find a suitable online alternative.