Who should attend
This program is intended for senior executives and business developers.
The program Driving Business Growth with AI is suitable, for example, for CEOs, senior business leaders and development managers.
About the course
Artificial Intelligence in Business – from Technology to Strategy
Artificial intelligence is rapidly changing the world, creating new opportunities and demand for totally new kinds of solutions. The current debate is focused on future prospects and threats, but what is AI and how should it be taken into account in strategies and operating models? And what can we expect from the future?
Driving Business Growth with AI is a 2,5-day training program that provides a practical and comprehensive overview of AI, various technologies and their effects on business and management. Led by leading researchers in the field, the program focuses on issues such as the applications of artificial intelligence, the prerequisites for its implementation, new business models and skill requirements.
After completing the program, you will have an excellent understanding of what artificial intelligence is and how it affects your business. You will understand the fundamentals and applications of the most typical technologies and the strengths of humans and AI. You will have an up-to-date picture of the development phases of AI technologies and you will know what skills your employees will need in the future.
- You will know the key concepts of artificial intelligence
- You will know what purposes AI applications can be used for and you will understand their requirements
- You will understand the challenges and opportunities created by AI for business – and how to take these into account in your business strategy and model
What is AI and what can it be used for: Main types, applications, restrictions, etc.
- Artificial intelligence revolution: What has changed in recent years and why?
- Artificial intelligence with the ability to learn and machine learning: The role of data in AI
- An overview of three areas of AI (methods, applications, and opportunities):
- Computer vision
- Speech and language
- Recommendation systems
- Support intelligence: The collaboration of AI and humans, AI in decision-making
Strategic exploitation of AI in organizations
- An overview of the exploitation of algorithms and AI in organizations
- Describing business activities using data flows
- Optimization and decision-making
- Adapting business processes and structures around AI
- Automation and business management using data flows
- Combining expertise and AI
Henri Schildt is a tenured professor with a joint appointment at the Aalto School of Business (Management & Organizations) and the School of Science’s Department of Industrial Engineering and Management. His research interests span digitalization, technology strategy, organizational change, a...
Arto Klami is Assistant Professor of Computer Science and Academy Research Fellow at University of Helsinki, where he leads the Multi-Source Probabilistic Inference research group. He is also member of Helsinki Institute for Information Technology HIIT and Finnish Center for Artificial Intelligen...
Videos and materials
Read more about General Management Programs
Because of COVID-19, many providers are cancelling or postponing in-person programs or providing online participation options.
We are happy to help you find a suitable online alternative.