This course has no confirmed dates in the future. Subscribe to be notified when it is offered.
About the course
This course introduces frameworks and models for investments and positioning across sectors, nations, industries, and time frames in Africa. Executive will learn tools and skills to help navigate the business landscape of Africa in terms of selection of investments and market, as well as in locally relevant components of effective operating businesses.
Africa is unlike any other emerging region in several regards: It’s massive(land area greater than India plus China plus Western Europe); there are about 54 countries and almost as many visas; 40 or so currencies; and hundred of languages. There is little connectivity between nations and cities; institutions(government, law, and banking) are weak; and the nations are poor. Yet there are over a billion people in sub-saharan Africa today, with the population expected to grow faster in any other region on the planet. The continent is rapidly urbanizing. There is resource scarcity but also resource abundance.
Key Learning Objectives/ Benefits
- A profound understanding of the competitive context and business environment in Africa
- An in-depth analysis of the alternative strategies and organizational models applicable not only within the region but across it
- An assessment of the balance between cultural differences, national governments and the global perspectives of firms
- Strategies that can aid companies adapt their local home country strategy to the needs and peculiarities of the consumers they are targeting in the new countries
- Understand the specific characteristics of African markets.
- Analyse the recent political and economic trends in the African context.
- Risks of doing business in the African context.
- Examine and implement the strategic choices for doing business in the African context both broadly and with respect to specific regions in Africa.
- Improve marketing skills in the African context with regard to Africa’ emerging consumer segments.
- Negotiate more effectively by keeping in mind the African cultural nuances.
- Contrast the distinct legal environments in different African regions.
- Ethical dilemmas and social responsibility issues in the African context.
- Managing institutional voids
- Develop a detailed strategic action plan for expansion into your choice and target countries
Who should attend
This seminar is designed specifically for:
- Senior executives and leaders in organizations who have been assigned to work in international locations of their local companies within Africa
- CEOs and owners who are desirous of taking their businesses international to neighboring African countries and beyond
Trust the experts
Professor Ogbechie has a first-class honours degree in mechanical engineering from Manchester University, an MBA from Manchester Business School and a PhD in Business Administration from Brunel Business School in the UK. He has vast experience in marketing, strategy and corporate governance deri...
Nkemdilim has a Bachelor’s degree in Electrical/Electronic Engineering as well as MBA and MPhil Degrees from Pan-Atlantic University. He is currently completing his PhD work in the International Strategy Department of Pan-Atlantic University. As a Faculty member of Lagos Business School’s Strateg...