Doing Business Globally: Leading in a Matrix Organization
Coursalytics is an independent platform to find, compare, and book executive courses. Coursalytics is not endorsed by, sponsored by, or otherwise affiliated with IESE Business School.Full disclaimer.
Operating in a matrix is a challenging task. Complex geographical structures, cultural barriers, functional divides and conflicting priorities abound. As a leader, it’s your task to respond.
Learn how to better operate in matrix organizations and don’t let complexity impede performance and obstruct growth.
- Gain a competitive edge by sharpening your awareness of differing cultural, administrative, geographic and economic vantage points
- Improve your global leadership skills and cultural intelligence to enhance your performance in a matrix organization
- Develop a leadership agenda to boost efficiency in a matrix context
The “Doing Business Globally: Leading in a Matrix Organization” program is structured in four days around the following topics:
- Gain a greater understanding of the latest economic trends around the world and their impact on international firms.
- Assess the complexity inherent in the global marketplace and specific challenges that arise in matrix organizations.
- Evaluate the impact of national culture on business operations and acquire tools to boost your leadership capacity in cross-cultural contexts.
- Discover core tools to manage across time and space, as well as a framework to implement them.
- Analyze the challenges of developing strategy at different levels of complex matrix structures.
- Identify organizational elements that hinder project execution in matrix structures and expand your understanding of the role of personal networks.
- Exploration of participants’ specific leadership challenges.
- Design and develop a personal agenda to bolster your ability to lead across the matrix.
During the “Doing Business Globally: Leading in a Matrix Organization” program and over four intense days, participants gather from around the world to increase their global cultural competencies and learn alongside high-caliber peers.
Interactive and highly dynamic, the program combines a variety of learning methods, including best-practice case studies, group discussions and sessions with global leadership experts.
Who should attend
The “Doing Business Globally: Leading in a Matrix Organization” program is designed for managers with responsibilities in matrix organizations, including regional and country vice presidents, leaders of global business units, heads of global functional areas and directors of client-facing organizations. It is also ideal for managers of matrix organizations who are preparing to take on positions of greater responsibility.