Who should attend
IT Professionals, System Admins, Software Testers, Solution Architects and Security Engineers.
What are the prerequisites for taking up this training course?
There are no prior skills needed to take up this Docker training from Intellipaat.
About the course
This Docker training online course will help you learn Docker containerization, running Docker containers, Docker image creation, Dockerfile, Docker orchestration, security best practices and more through hands-on projects and case studies.
About Docker Training Course
This is an industry-designed Docker training course wherein you will learn about the top software containerization platform. You will master the aspects of running containerized applications from existing images, deploying images on cluster, installing, maintaining and operating the Docker platform and more through hands-on projects.
What will you learn in this Docker training course?
- Basics of Docker
- How to create and run a Docker container
- Creating and managing a Docker image
- Dockerized application communication
- Docker storage systems
- Initializing and managing a Docker Swarm
- Deploying applications in production stage
- Monitoring services and nodes in a Docker Swarm
- Using ECS And ECR AWS services to deploy Docker services
Why should you go for the Docker training course?
Docker is an extremely important aspect of the software development process today. Docker lets you ship all the dependencies of a software including its libraries, services and other aspects thus decoupling the dependency on infrastructure from the application environment. Almost every digital organization today is deploying Docker. The Intellipaat Docker training will help you get up and running in this top technology and upon completion of the training you can apply for the best jobs.
Docker Course Content
- Introduction to Docker
- Need for Containerization
- Vm Vs Container
- Why Docker?
- Introduction to Docker
- Docker Installation
- Common Docker Operations
- Saving Changes to Docker
- Components of Docker Ecosystem
- Docker Engine & Dockerfile Docker Architecture
Hands-on Exercise –
- Common Docker Commands
- Saving Changes to Docker & Pushing a container to DockerHUB
- Creating an Image using Dockerfile
Storing Data in Docker
- Why Do We Use Docker Storage?
- Types of Docker Storage
- Volume Drivers
- Backing Up and Restoring the Volume
- Bind Mounts
- Bind Propagation
- Tmpfs Mounts
- Storage Drivers
- Working with Volumes
- Volume Driver
- Volume Backup & Restore
- Bind Mount & tmpfs Mount Commands
- What Are Microservices?
- What is Docker Compose?
- Installing Docker Compose
- What Are Yaml Files?
- Creating Docker File Using Yaml
- Deploying Django Using Docker Compose
- Cli Environment Variables
- Environment File
- Environment Variables in Compose
- Commands for Docker Management
- Linking Docker Containers
- Extending Services in Compose
- Networking in Compose
- How to Use Compose in Production?
- Deploying a Django Server using Docker Compose
- What is Container Orchestration?
- What is a Docker Swarm?
- Building a Docker Swarm
- Docker Swarm Services
- Deployments in Swarms
- Scaling a Service in Swarm
- Rolling Updates in Swarm
- Draining a Node in Swarm
- Connecting to a Network in Swarm
- Giving Storage Access in Swarm
- Controlling Service Placement
- Docker Swarm Common Commands
- Docker Swarm Service Commands
- Deploying to a Docker Swarm & Other Operations
- Controlling Service placement
Networking in Docker
- What is Docker Networking?
- Types of Docker Networks
- Bridge Network
- Bridge Network Demo
- Default Bridge Network
- Overlay Network
- Overlay Network Demo
- Macvlan Network
- Host and None Network
- Bridge Network Commands
- Bridge Network Demo
- Overlay Network Commands
- Overlay Network Demo
- Host Network & None Network
- System D
- Enabling Http/https Proxy
- Prometheus and Grafana
- Collecting Docker Metrics Demo
- Ecr and Ecs
- Ecr and Ecs Demo
- Docker Best Practices
- Docker Systemd – Enabling HTTP/HTTPS proxy
- Docker Monitoring Using Prometheus & Grafana
- Using ECR & ECS
What projects will I be working in this Docker Certification Training?
Project 1: Deploying a dynamic website using Docker and ECS
Problem Statement: Deploy the front-end, back-end, Database of a website using docker swarm and ECS
Topics: Dockerfile, Docker swarm, ECS cluster, ECR repository, Deployment, MySQL
- Setting up the back-end in an ECS cluster
- Managing and initializing a docker swarm
- Setting up the front-end and the MySQL database in the docker swarm
- Integrating all the components of the website
- Containerizing the Website
Case Study 1: Creating custom containers
Problem Statement: Create a custom container from base Ubuntu container
Topics: Dockerfile, Dockerhub
- Creating a Dockerfile
- Creating custom Docker images
- Deploying a static website
- Pushing container to Dockerhub
Case Study 2: Managing and improving storage access
Problem Statement: Give storage access to the containers and back them up
Topics: Docker Volumes, Volume Driver, bind mount, Backing Up data
- Creating a single dedicated storage location for the containers
- Giving host storage access to a container
- Backing up the data stored in the containers
Case Study 3: Using docker swarm to deploy a WordPress site
Problem Statement: Deploy a WordPress site integrated with a Database using Docker compose
Topics: Docker-compose.yml, Docker Compose, Deploy, WordPress, Docker networking, Production modification
- Creating a docker-compose.yml file
- Deploying the services
- Adding a user-defined network
Case Study 4: Deploying and performing operation on Docker swarm
Problem Statement: Deploy and manage a Redis server on a docker swarm
Topics: Docker swarm, replicas, Docker service, draining a Node, Scaling, rolling updates
- Deploying a Redis server as a service on docker swarm
- Performing rolling updates on the service
- Scaling up the service
Case Study 5: Setting up & managing three services
Problem Statement: Setup & manage three services and connect them using a Docker network
Topics: Docker Networking, Docker service, Docker Swarm
- Creating two services on two different nodes
- Connecting the two services using a Docker network
- Checking the communication between the 3rd service with rest two
Case Study 6: Monitoring Docker services
Problem Statement: Deploying and monitoring a WordPress website integrated with a Database
Topics: Docker swarm, Docker service, Monitoring, Prometheus, Grafana
- Initializing the Docker swarm and Deploying the WordPress website
- Setting Up and Deploying the Monitoring service
- Monitoring the deployed services
Docker Training Certification
This Docker online course is designed for clearing the Intellipaat Docker Certification Exam. The entire Docker course content is designed by industry professionals to get the best jobs in top MNCs. As part of this online Docker course, you will be working on real-time projects and assignments that have immense implications in the real-world industry scenarios, thus helping you fast track your career effortlessly.
At the end of this online Docker course, there will be quizzes that perfectly reflect the type of questions asked in the respective certification exams and help you score better marks.
Intellipaat Course Completion Certification will be awarded upon the completion of the project work (after expert review) and upon scoring at least 60% marks in the quiz. Intellipaat certification is well recognized in top 80+ MNCs like Ericsson, Cisco, Cognizant, Sony, Mu Sigma, Saint-Gobain, Standard Chartered, TCS, Genpact, Hexaware, etc.
Videos and materials
Because of COVID-19, many providers are cancelling or postponing in-person programs or providing online participation options.
We are happy to help you find a suitable online alternative.