Diy Analytics – Making Data-Driven Decisions for a More Profitable Business
There is a growing trend amongst companies using analytics to identify gaps, trends and benchmark their business with others. Companies spend billions of dollars annually on business intelligence tools for the simple reason that it drives the top and bottom line. According to Gartner, business intelligence has been the number one technology for the past three years running and surveys have shown that it is the second most important “application and technology issue” after anti-virus protection.
However, deriving insights from data analytics is NOT the domain of large companies. Even small companies (SMEs) and start-ups can benefit from it. Data Analytics is NOT just about IT solutions and tools; rather it is a methodology and process that is independent of IT. Insights from Data Analytics is NOT solely about amassing large amounts of information and data and applying technology to see trends and patterns; it is about knowing what to collect in a timely manner and that will feed into and add value to the decision-making process.
Companies are focusing on business insights as the primary inputs into business strategy formulation, marketing and operations. The more business insights a company has about the customer, the competition and the market, the better will be the position it will be in to increase its revenues and profits. Companies that have good business insights will almost always perform better than others.
The objective of this course is to equip individuals (and companies) with the tools and frameworks to conduct data analytics that can add value to the firm. This course will help you to:
- Understand the underlying strengths of global markets and industries.
- Benchmark your business against the best in class and the competition.
- Identify potential opportunities and partnerships
- Identify potential business risks and how to manage them using risk management frameworks.
- Fundamentals of business intelligence and data analytics
- Useful tools and frameworks to help companies with their market analysis and benchmarking analysis.
- Risk mapping techniques and applications
This is an interactive course with a mixture of lecture, group work and discussions. With active participation from attendees, there will be rich cross-learning that will only enhance each individual’s knowledge. This course is highly practical and participants can use what is taught to evaluate current business opportunities and risks.
Who should attend
- Mid-level to Senior management
- Anyone with an interest in starting a new business