Who should attend
- Professionals responsible for employee engagement and/or organizational culture initiatives
- Learning & Development leaders
- Professionals and leaders interested in taking a more active role in promoting diversity, equity & inclusion within their organizations
- Key decision makers such as recruiters, hiring managers, HR partners
- Leaders of corporate employee/business resource groups
About the course
Bentley University’s Diversity & Inclusion Champion Certificate equips business executives with the training and tools to create and nurture an inclusive organizational culture. Participants in the program move from individual self-reflection and learning, to team-level diagnosis and interventions, and finally to organizational and system-level change planning.
Learn to Build and Inspire a Culture of Belonging
To translate demographic and cognitive diversity into a culture of belonging, organizations must encourage, train, and inspire executives to take ownership of the organization’s diversity and inclusion journey. The Diversity & Inclusion Champion Certificate offers an intensive, experiential 3-day program that prepares participants as champions of inclusion who understand the importance of diversity, equity & inclusion (DE&I) and how to lead organizational change that will foster an inclusive workplace culture.
During the program you will:
- Understand the business and human case for DE&I by exploring the latest data
- Gain insight on potential barriers to an inclusive workplace and actionable strategies to overcome these barriers
- Explore research-based methodologies proven to bridge differences and facilitate team cohesion
- Develop a detailed change initiative specific to your organization to immediately drive impact
Program Topics and Structure
This intensive, experiential 3-day program is led by a Master Facilitator from Bentley University’s Gloria Cordes Larson Center for Women and Business (CWB). The CWB provides thought leadership and training on critical diversity, equity & inclusion issues. CWB facilitators lead hundreds of sessions with businesses worldwide, providing knowledge and tools to foster inclusive organizations.
Day 1: Foundations and Individual Exploration
- Understand the business and human case for diversity, equity & inclusion (DE&I) by exploring the latest data
- Define foundational concepts including intersectionality, unconscious bias, and micro-inequities
- Understand key psychological processes that impede relations across difference and how to address them
- Learn how to identify individual biases and techniques to de-bias behaviors
- Explore how allyship, cultural humility, and an understanding of individual privilege can help leaders facilitate organizational transformation and help organizations uproot systemic barriers to inclusion
Day 2 – Facilitating Inclusivity within Teams
- Assess power dynamics and their role in teams and organizations
- Explore group norms, the connection between norms and micro-inequities, and how to shift norms toward inclusivity
- Learn to identify individual and group biases and delve into remedies to interrupt these individually and as a team
- Recognize different conflict styles and their role in group interactions
- Learn process interventions to resolve conflict within teams while leveraging disagreements related to diversity of opinions, skills, and expertise.
- Understand how to conduct a courageous conversation, and how to provide de-biasing feedback to bridge differences
- Practice how to leverage trust-building courageous conversations
- Enhance team effectiveness and cohesion
Day 3 – Program Implementation and Sustainability
- Explore Diversity, Equity & Inclusion through an organizational change lens
- Create a detailed Individualized Change Initiative to introduce and implement in your organization
- Engage in a wrap-up activity that incorporates reflection and final questions
Videos and materials
Because of COVID-19, many providers are cancelling or postponing in-person programs or providing online participation options.
We are happy to help you find a suitable online alternative.