Who should attend
Managers, activities directors.
About the course
- To increase your analysis capacity and understanding of differences and their influence on attitudes, behaviours and management practices.
- To acquire methodological and conceptual tools for analysing work situations with different partners (multicultural and diversified).
- To be trained to use these tools and develop new reflexes through exercises, role plays and case studies
- Work on participants' experiences in their businesses
- An approach of all cultures that coexist within and around a company: corporate culture, business culture, brand culture, national culture, etc.
To obtain an analysis grid of situations and of outlooks of multicultural phenomena
- Understanding differences and measuring their influence on attitudes, behaviours and management practices?
- Using stereotypes instead of dealing with their adverse effects on work relations in multicultural contexts?
To develop the ability to adapt and develop synergies between members of multicultural teams
- Taking into account partners' specifics and cultural clashes and management models?
- Anticipating reactions and possibilities of a synergy between members of a multicultural team?
- Key multicultural aspects to be included in reasoning
- What management processes to implement
Management, Law and Human Resources Holder of an International Law Graduate Diploma having the Brazilian and French dual citizenship, VIRGINIA DRUMMOND ABDALA left Brazil in September, 1998. In France, she has worked as a consultant and trainer in intercultural management since 1999. Having cont...
Because of COVID-19, many providers are cancelling or postponing in-person programs or providing online participation options.
We are happy to help you find a suitable online alternative.