Who should attend
This course will be beneficial for companies of all sizes, who are either in the process or considering developing a diversity and inclusion (D&I) strategy.
About the course
Marketing communications must set the standard for diversity and inclusion for brands, marketers and their value-chain partners. The high-profile visibility of campaigns and the power of social media to challenge brands that only play lip-service to diversity and inclusion, means you cannot afford to fall behind the curve.
If you do, you run the risk of creating campaigns that are less productive and endanger both brand reputation and the bottom line if customers feel disregarded, excluded or discriminated against. Many studies show that people feel that advertising and marketing does not represent the world around them.
When it comes to diversity and inclusion in marketing communications, the process should start with your own teams and work practices as well as the brands you are marketing. A D&I strategy can provide access to new markets, capture new audiences and enhance brand authenticity. In this course we will focus on these interdependent aspects of diversity and inclusion.
- Understand the fundamental principles of equality, diversity and inclusion (D&I)
- Review how much your brand accurately and authentically represents the true diversity of your consumer base
- Learn to develop your diversity and inclusion strategy, practices and priorities
- Understand about Unconscious Bias in yourself and others
- Build key skills based on motivators, behaviours and adapting behaviour
- Recognise how to seek for different perspectives and learning opportunities
- Identify how inclusive your marketing communications are
- Learn how to create diverse, un-stereotyped and inclusive content marketing
- Discover the ten key principles on how to make EDI top-of-mind
- Share good practices and insights and learn how to improve the content of your brand communications
The CIM experience
- Expert trainers - Passionate specialists who keep up to date with the latest trends in their field.
- Quality delivery - Trainers are assessed annually on the quality of their delivery and delegate engagement.
- Practical training methods - Theory and practical based training to take back to the office.
- Small class sizes - No more than 15 people to ensure you get the most from our trainers.
- Wide breadth of topics - Marketers should understand marketing as a whole, not just digital.
- 3 learning levels - Principles, Intermediate and Advanced.
Marina Ibrahim is an Intercultural Competency and Global Mindset Expert, her international cultural and marketing experience includes 25 years in marketing communication and cross-cultural training. Working worldwide she has taught global intercultural skills to directors and teams of both SME’s ...
Read more about Information Technology
Because of COVID-19, many providers are cancelling or postponing in-person programs or providing online participation options.
We are happy to help you find a suitable online alternative.