Make sure this course is right for you.
Get unbiased reviews and personalized recommendations.
Who should attend
All working professionals interested in fostering teamwork, collaboration, and increased creativity will benefit from participating in this diversity training program. Attendance by multiple company representatives will amplify the program's impact and enables the organization to better align performance more quickly throughout the organization. You will earn a USC Marshall Executive Education certificate after completion of the program.
About the course
Learn to build robust, anti-racist organizations through diversity, equity, and inclusion initiatives and corporate diversity trainings. In this two-day program, USC Marshall’s renowned Associate Dean and Chief Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion Officer & Professor of Clinical Business Communication, Sharoni Little, will guide you toward the skills and strategies you need to create, build, and nurture more engaged teams. Deliver success through diversity with an increased range of approaches and perspectives.
This diversity training focuses on unconscious biases, recognition of dimensions of diversity, promoting behavioral change, redefining leadership, and reinforcing patterns of (dis)engagement. You will examine how deep-rooted human biases impact organizational and social cultures in potentially unintended ways.
Organizational culture, climate, and inclusive excellence:
- Learn to address the many internal and external barriers to building inclusive and diverse teams.
- Explore the ways to target the awareness and develop the skills individuals, teams, and organizations need to make conscious decisions to effect impactful change.
Implicit bias, authentic leadership, talent recruitment, and retention:
- Prepare to build and nurture diverse, equitable, and inclusive teams that are more collaborative, innovative, and responsive to a changing customer and changing global market.
- Learn to lead teams that outperform their competition with more dynamic business cultures, achieving more goals, and delivering improved results.
- Understand why having authority figures endorse diversity initiatives can help appeal to and sway potentially resistant trainees.
This program is run in a small classroom setting that gives you frequent one-on-one access to USC Marshall faculty. You will examine the concept of inclusive climates, specific behaviors, and skills using a mix of case studies and current business articles, in-class exercises, and small group projects. Our faculty will lead you to focus on the key knowledge and skills you need to understand and apply concepts to your organization's business.
Every reasonable effort will be made to ensure this course runs as described on this web page. Please note that course dates and professors are subject to change. You will be notified by email in advance if there is a date or professor change. Additionally, this course also requires a minimum number of registrants to take place. You will be notified by email if the course does not meet this minimum.
PhD, Indiana University; MA, BA, CSU-Los Angeles Sharoni Little is an expert in management and leadership communication, organizational effectiveness, institutional diversity, and educational outcomes. Professor Little’s research centers on educational and organizational leadership, cross-cultur...
Because of COVID-19, many providers are cancelling or postponing in-person programs or providing online participation options.
We are happy to help you find a suitable online alternative.