Make sure this course is right for you.
Get unbiased reviews and personalized recommendations.
About the course
Diversity is key to fostering growth and creativity within your organization. In this course, you will examine the foundation of diversity management including a discussion of the legal aspects of diversity management, diversity management organizational paradigms, and specific diversity business case studies.
Examine diversity management from a strategic, integrative framework. In this course, you will examine the foundation of diversity management including a discussion of the legal aspects of diversity management, diversity management organizational paradigms, and specific diversity business case studies. Additionally, you will practice communication skills for managing critical diversity workplace conversations. In this program, you will:
- analyze emerging diversity trends and their implications in the workplace
- learn the importance of articulating a clear and company-specific definition of diversity
- examine strategies for measuring an organization’s current diversity competence
- understand the competitive advantage of diversity management
- learn strategies for developing diversity initiatives, training strategies, and a strategic diversity plan
- learn how an organization’s external relationships reflect an organization’s diversity strategy
Dr. Kathryn A. Cañas is a member of the Management Department in the David Eccles School of Business at the University of Utah. Her teaching currently includes courses on managing diversity, business communication, and pedagogical theories and practices on both undergraduate and graduate levels. ...
Videos and materials
Because of COVID-19, many providers are cancelling or postponing in-person programs or providing online participation options.
We are happy to help you find a suitable online alternative.